Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The questionable picks today

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Out of my brothers and I, I was the happiest with Jarvis Jones and both my other brothers weren't happy with their team's picks (Green Bay and Chicago). I can understand that the Long pick for the Bears was ridiculous and a reach...but what about Datone Jones for Green Bay?
    Datone Jones is a great talent. He is an intimidator on the inside and he can pressure the QB. Plus, he is strong enough to handle the double team. I think the kid is just scratching the surface. I liked that pick.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Out of my brothers and I, I was the happiest with Jarvis Jones and both my other brothers weren't happy with their team's picks (Green Bay and Chicago). I can understand that the Long pick for the Bears was ridiculous and a reach...but what about Datone Jones for Green Bay?
    I think Jones was a good pick for the Packers. Versatile athlete that should see a lot of playing time. I would be happy as a pack fan. If his name wasn't Long, there's no way he goes in the first round. Bears need a lot of help.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Here's the ones that I have to shake my head at.

Dion Jordan at 3. His production on the field does not say 3rd overall pick.
    Barkevious Mingo at 6. Same as above.
    Tavon Austin at 8. To move from 16 to 8 for a player that doesn't make you a Super Bowl contender or at least close doesn't make sense. Especially for a team that has many more holes. And to have given as many picks as the Rams did is even more confusing.
    E.J. Manuel at 16. Dont get it at all. He is a project at best. And now the Bills are going to be forced to use him at some point in year 1.
    Justin Pugh at 19. Way too high. The run on tackles did it but still way too high.
    Kyle Long at 20. Same as above. He had a mid second round grade at best.
    Travis Frederick at 31. I think everyone knows that was a head shaker.

And here is something outside the box. Eric Fisher, Luke Joekel, and Lance Johnson are all going to be top notch NFL tackles no doubt. The teams that they will play for will never be anything until they all get legit QB's. These picks will be looked back on just like when Miami drafted Jake Long or when Cleveland drafted Joe Thomas. No big deal. Never made the franchise a legit contender. And like those teams, probably not even a playoff team.
    Probably a real head scratcher for you Dub. As you've said all along that more than one QB will go in the top ten. Turned out that no QB went in the top 10. These QB's were putrid.

Agree with the rest of your analysis for the other picks.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It was odd. There were no trades for players they couldn't have gotten equivalent guys just staying put.
    Did yinz watch the SB? The SF secondary was horrendous... they had to do something out of desperation to fix it.