Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The questionable picks today

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The questionable picks today

Here's the ones that I have to shake my head at.

Dion Jordan at 3. His production on the field does not say 3rd overall pick.
    Barkevious Mingo at 6. Same as above.
    Tavon Austin at 8. To move from 16 to 8 for a player that doesn't make you a Super Bowl contender or at least close doesn't make sense. Especially for a team that has many more holes. And to have given as many picks as the Rams did is even more confusing.
    E.J. Manuel at 16. Dont get it at all. He is a project at best. And now the Bills are going to be forced to use him at some point in year 1.
    Justin Pugh at 19. Way too high. The run on tackles did it but still way too high.
    Kyle Long at 20. Same as above. He had a mid second round grade at best.
    Travis Frederick at 31. I think everyone knows that was a head shaker.

And here is something outside the box. Eric Fisher, Luke Joekel, and Lance Johnson are all going to be top notch NFL tackles no doubt. The teams that they will play for will never be anything until they all get legit QB's. These picks will be looked back on just like when Miami drafted Jake Long or when Cleveland drafted Joe Thomas. No big deal. Never made the franchise a legit contender. And like those teams, probably not even a playoff team.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

For me, I believe the Browns made a huge mistake going Mingo over Milliner. IMO, milliner was the best player in this draft.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Travis Frederick at 31. I think everyone knows that was a head shaker.
    Jerry Jones really needs to fire himself...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I couldn't believe we were sitting there watching Star, Jarvis, and Floyd drop while some of these other players were being taken.

I'm curious if Star and Jarvis were both there at 17, who would you have taken? I told everyone I was hoping for Star. And I realize we'd have had to modify our D to fit him in and Jarvis was the easy player to plug into the existing system.

Now that I know Ike's been working with and mentoring Jarvis for the last 3 months, I'm sure the Steelers would have taken Jones now even if Star was there.

Legend

User Info Menu

The trade-up's seemed particularly poorly thought out. There is no way the 49ers got value by trading up For Eric Reid, Miami trading p for Jordan... Both dumb picks.

The Bills did their usual draft stuff up.

The Raiders could have made better use of what was a good trade down- not sure the CB they got was the #2 CB on the board.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The trade-up's seemed particularly poorly thought out. There is no way the 49ers got value by trading up For Eric Reid, Miami trading p for Jordan... Both dumb picks.

The Bills did their usual draft stuff up.

The Raiders could have made better use of what was a good trade down- not sure the CB they got was the #2 CB on the board.
    It was odd. There were no trades for players they couldn't have gotten equivalent guys just staying put.

Legend

User Info Menu

Give the Bills an F for this pick. So odd. The Long pick was a surprise. He hasn't even played O-line all that long (Oregon just converted him this season I believe . Have to assume the Rams think Austin will be a big play, stretch the field kind of WR.

Legend

User Info Menu

A lot of teams don't go BPA... they go after their guy.

I have no idea what the Cowboys and Bills were thinking but when you look at their playoff history it all makes sense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Out of my brothers and I, I was the happiest with Jarvis Jones and both my other brothers weren't happy with their team's picks (Green Bay and Chicago). I can understand that the Long pick for the Bears was ridiculous and a reach...but what about Datone Jones for Green Bay?
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It was odd. There were no trades for players they couldn't have gotten equivalent guys just staying put.
    Yes, the Eric Reid trade up by San Fran was particularly dumb imo. Reid is a very good talent, but he didn't play particularly well this season. He is NOT Polamalu or Ed Reed. If they stayed put they could have taken Elam or even got a similar talent (if they valued height) in round 2. Heck, if they stayed put, I believe they could have drafted the same player. I don't think anyone was going to take him until round 2.

I think this was a case of a team with too many picks stockpiled who overthought the situation.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.