Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis is Special

Legend

User Info Menu

Jarvis is Special

According to Tomlin, when Colbert said there's 6-8 guys that are special in this draft, Jarvis was one of the 6-8 guys Colbert was referring to.

This pick almost seems rigged. Steelers thought they didn't have any chance at Jarvis and didn't even talk to him until he ran a 4.9 at his pro day. They said they knew then that he could fall to them. It's like he ran a 4.9 intentionally.

And then I heard he's been working out with Ike for months. And Ike's been mentoring him. Maybe that's why we knew we didn't need Harrison and why we kept Ike cause he's been working with our 1st round draft pick for months.

This whole back story seems bizarre.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike has an insane off-season workout regimen, so if this is true then that should put any work ethic questions that were floating around pre-draft to rest.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm still on Cloud 9 because of Jarvis Jones is a Steeler. Glad he's being mentored by Taylor. Now Woodley needs to step it up and help Jones out.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yup... there is an interview of Jones posted on Steelers.com. He mentioned that he's been working out with Ike in that interview. Interesting indeed....
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can't say I'm convinced he's a 3-4 OLB, but I hope he proves me wrong.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yup... there is an interview of Jones posted on Steelers.com. He mentioned that he's been working out with Ike in that interview. Interesting indeed....
    Thanks for the pointer, here it is:
    [url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-select-OLB-Jarvis-Jones-in-1st-round/2757cc42-c8ea-4df9-a77c-2055fe6bf756[/url]

There's an audio on the link and transcript. Wasn't sure how to copy/paste it all. Even more good stuff.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Can't say I'm convinced he's a 3-4 OLB, but I hope he proves me wrong.
    Why do you say this? He played in a 3-4 at Georgia.

From Mike Tomlin...

"It was a fun and easy evaluation," coach Mike Tomlin said. "You look at the outside linebackers in the 3-4 defenses, usually there's a projection involved. This was an easy projection ... very little guesswork.
    "He excelled in what they asked him to do and he'll be asked to do similar things here."

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-pick-jarvis-jones-in-first-round-of-nfl-draft-685047/#ixzz2RXa0RHBY[/URL]

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-pick-jarvis-jones-in-first-round-of-nfl-draft-685047/[/URL]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Ike has an insane off-season workout regimen, so if this is true then that should put any work ethic questions that were floating around pre-draft to rest.
    That's the weirdest thing. All these rumors are going around leading up to the draft that he's got a poor work ethic and the whole time he's working out with Ike. This is like the Steelers hiding the college game film of John Stallworth from all the other teams. The Steelers were probably putting the work ethic rumors out there the whole time knowing full well they weren't true.

I'd love to read a tell all book from Colbert one day. Or any GM to learn about all these shenanigans.

Legend

User Info Menu

All Chadman will say about Jones' speed is this- he doesn't look like a 4.9 guy on the field.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    That's the weirdest thing. All these rumors are going around leading up to the draft that he's got a poor work ethic and the whole time he's working out with Ike. This is like the Steelers hiding the college game film of John Stallworth from all the other teams. The Steelers were probably putting the work ethic rumors out there the whole time knowing full well they weren't true.

I'd love to read a tell all book from Colbert one day. Or any GM to learn about all these shenanigans.
    I'm hoping these shenanigans (and poor 40 times) allow us to draft Keenan Allen in round 2 as well. Word got out that he was "red-flagged" for drug test at the NFL Combine. Actually, they found suspiciously high levels of water in his system. I guess the league is worried about him trying to mask something else in his system by drinking a lot of water. Maybe he just subscribes to the Bobby Boucher school of hydration.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.