Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Huey Richardson 2

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Do you honestly think he'll see the field much this year? I'm not being negative, I'm legitimately asking.
    I believe that Jones enters camp in an open competition for the ROLB position. From what we have seen over the years, Worilds produces better at the LOLB spot. We also saw the Steelers linked to every outside pass rusher available in FA - Dumervil, Freeney, and bringing in the guy from the Cowboys - I forget his name at the moment.

Smokescreen? It seems not. The team wasted no time in making the pick. A combination of believing that this was the guy and assessing this as an area of need.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think a lot of you are over thinking this pick. I think he was by far the BPA on the Steeler board so they chose him. It had nothing to do with Worilds. Just the Steelers doing what they normally do. Remember it was only a couple of months ago where this guy was considered top 5. Then the spinal thing came up and then the bad numbers in the underwear olympics and he dropped. I'm as excited with the Jones pick as I was last year with DeCastro.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I'm as excited with the Jones pick as I was last year with DeCastro.
    me too!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I think a lot of you are over thinking this pick. I think he was by far the BPA on the Steeler board so they chose him. It had nothing to do with Worilds. Just the Steelers doing what they normally do. Remember it was only a couple of months ago where this guy was considered top 5. Then the spinal thing came up and then the bad numbers in the underwear olympics and he dropped. I'm as excited with the Jones pick as I was last year with DeCastro.
    over thinking until 6:30 PM... then it will all make sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Penn State linebacker Sean Lee, who went to Upper St. Clair High School, appeared to be the player the Steelers were targeting in the second round after selecting Florida center Maurkice Pouncey with the 18th overall pick. They had a first-round grade on Lee and thought he fit the way they played better than any linebacker in the draft.

But, the Steelers did not think Lee would be available when it came their turn.

When he was, it seemed like an obvious choice. But coach Mike Tomlin really liked Worilds, an undersized defensive end in college who fit nicely as a disruptive outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense -- something the Steelers were lacking behind James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley.

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-worilds-man-of-his-word-244695/#ixzz2RZeHzm00[/URL]

Penn State alum Sean Lee inks lucrative deal with Dallas Cowboys

WEDNESDAY, 21 AUGUST 2013 WRITTEN BY MARK DENT

In the last couple of years former Penn State linebacker Sean Lee has been recognized as one of the best linebackers in the NFL. And now he's set to be paid like one.

The Dallas Morning News reports that Lee has signed a six-year deal with the Dallas Cowboys worth a base of $42 million. The contract will pay him more if he stays healthy - something that has been difficult for Lee in his three-year NFL career. The 2010 second round pick has dealt with hamstring, wrist and toe issues in those three seasons.

In his NFL career, he has 195 tackles and seven interceptions.

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/college-sports/penn-state/122388-penn-state-alum-sean-lee-inks-lucrative-deal-with-dallas-cowboys-[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Lee over Worilds could have been awesome... HOWEVER, as the article pointed out, he's always hurt... 195 tackles in 3 seasons is not that much... heck, it's barely "average" for 2 full seasons... Plus, Lee wasn't even the best LB left on the board.. turns out Navarro Bowman's better... and healthy

Besides, if we're going to "what if"... in my what if scenario, i suggested the team trade up for Patrick Willis... or, instead of Mendenhall and Limas, DeVille wanted Sam Baker and Ray Rice... we'd be happy fans! (yep, i said Rice was the best RB on the board -- i did)...

Good luck to Lee, but, he's a Cowboy - i'm rooting for Steelers...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Lee over Worilds could have been awesome... HOWEVER, as the article pointed out, he's always hurt... 195 tackles in 3 seasons is not that much... heck, it's barely "average" for 2 full seasons... Plus, Lee wasn't even the best LB left on the board.. turns out Navarro Bowman's better... and healthy

Besides, if we're going to "what if"... in my what if scenario, i suggested the team trade up for Patrick Willis... or, instead of Mendenhall and Limas, DeVille wanted Sam Baker and Ray Rice... we'd be happy fans! (yep, i said Rice was the best RB on the board -- i did)...

Good luck to Lee, but, he's a Cowboy - i'm rooting for Steelers...
    Yup.... I wanted us draft Rice but oh well.... now he's a Rat Bird
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Lee over Worilds could have been awesome... HOWEVER, as the article pointed out, he's always hurt... 195 tackles in 3 seasons is not that much... heck, it's barely "average" for 2 full seasons...
    Wait, we are talking INJURIES when discussing someone we could have had instead of JASON WORILDS?????
    At least Lee needs to be a full time starter to be seen as "injury prone".

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher