Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Huey Richardson 2

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think Colbert is doing this not Tomlin.
    I believe the reports were that Tomlin was the one who really wanted Worilds, and made the choice to go with him even though the Steelers had Sean Lee rated higher on their draft board.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think Colbert is doing this not Tomlin.
    It was documented Colbert/scouts had Lee as the top rated LB. Tomlin overrode the board.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Penn State linebacker Sean Lee, who went to Upper St. Clair High School, appeared to be the player the Steelers were targeting in the second round after selecting Florida center Maurkice Pouncey with the 18th overall pick. They had a first-round grade on Lee and thought he fit the way they played better than any linebacker in the draft.
    But, the Steelers did not think Lee would be available when it came their turn.
    When he was, it seemed like an obvious choice. But coach Mike Tomlin really liked Worilds, an undersized defensive end in college who fit nicely as a disruptive outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense -- something the Steelers were lacking behind James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley.

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-worilds-man-of-his-word-244695/#ixzz2RZeHzm00[/URL]
    @_Hellgrammite

Rookie

User Info Menu

...because Dulac has never been wrong about what decisions the Steelers have made/will make behind closed doors...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope this kid ends up being everything you guys seem to think he is. Whether I wanted him before or not, he's a Steeler now, so I'm pulling for him to be a killer!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

They also had a first round grade on worldis IIRC.

begs the question.. Who the fark is giving out these grades

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

Most teams had a 3rd round grade on him and most mocks had him going in the middle of the 3rd. Wonder if Worilds can move to ILB like Timmons and back up ILB and OLB.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

Didn't they also have a first round grade on Trai Essex years ago...

Legend

User Info Menu

Possibly. I'm not sure

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I hope this kid ends up being everything you guys seem to think he is. Whether I wanted him before or not, he's a Steeler now, so I'm pulling for him to be a killer!!!
    now, THAT'S the attitude!!!

I had Jones in my mock... production on the field, he's a playmaker. Strips the ball a lot, which hasn't been mentioned much. The biggest thing i worry about is "run support". As a pass rusher, he'll be fine. At times, he seemed to struggle with getting off blocks on the "direct/off-tackle" play. Fast-pursuit ILBs better rock!!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas