Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Huey Richardson 2

Legend

User Info Menu

Whew, some guys have Jones labeled a bust and others have him being our starting ROLB in September. There is a fella on the team named Worilds that evidently made James Harrison expendable. I doubt Jones is the starting ROLB and Worilds specialty (at this point in time) is pass rushing. Unless Worilds fails completely I don't think Jones is seeing the field much, injuries are another story.

Te'o, Minter, Brown or Jonathan Banks in round two and really throw the "you have to score 11ty billion points to win" crowd into a tizzy.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 04-26-2013 at 12:26 AM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Whew, some guys have Jones labeled a bust and others have him being our starting ROLB in September. There is a fella on the team named Worilds that evidently made James Harrison expendable. I doubt Jones is the starting ROLB and Worilds specialty (at this point in time) is pass rushing. Unless Worilds fails completely I don't think Jones is seeing the field much, injuries are another story.

Te'o, Minter or Brown in round two and really throw the "you have to score 11ty billion points to win" crowd into a tizzy.

Pappy
    I dont think it was Jason Worilds that made James Harrison Expendable. I think it was James Harrison who made James Harrison expendable. His age, injuries, and not willing to take the reasonable cut was more to do with it than anything Worilds has done.

And I disagree with you. Jones has a chance to start from day one. He is the first true 3-4 OLB the Steelers have drafted for their 3-4.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I dont think it was Jason Worilds that made James Harrison Expendable. I think it was James Harrison who made James Harrison expendable. His age, injuries, and not willing to take the reasonable cut was more to do with it than anything Worilds has done.

And I disagree with you. Jones has a chance to start from day one. He is the first true 3-4 OLB the Steelers have drafted for their 3-4.
    He has a chance, yes, he'll have to prove he's better than Worilds though, the Steelers don't typically hand a starting job to a rookie and in particular the ROLB job. I still think Worilds allowed the Steelers to send James packing, along with his reluctance to take a pay cut.

So far your mock is spot on.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He has a chance, yes, he'll have to prove he's better than Worilds though, the Steelers don't typically hand a starting job to a rookie and in particular the ROLB job. I still think Worilds allowed the Steelers to send James packing, along with his reluctance to take a pay cut.

Pappy
    Again this is not your typical situation. He is a true 3-4 OLB. Those in the past were being converted. And the Steelers already are saying they believe he to be special...

"He definitely is one of the guys I talked about the other day as being a special player in this draft," general manager Kevin Colbert said. "He's a solid kid, a great player. He was dominant at a major college. He plays the run, chases the ball and most important he gets after the passer.
    "It's really just a great honor to have this kid join our team."

"It was a fun and easy evaluation," coach Mike Tomlin said. "You look at the outside linebackers in the 3-4 defenses, usually there's a projection involved. This was an easy projection ... very little guesswork.
    "He excelled in what they asked him to do and he'll be asked to do similar things here."

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-pick-jarvis-jones-in-first-round-of-nfl-draft-685047/#ixzz2RXat2qmz[/URL]

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-pick-jarvis-jones-in-first-round-of-nfl-draft-685047/#ixzz2RXat2qmz[/URL]

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-pick-jarvis-jones-in-first-round-of-nfl-draft-685047/[/URL]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I didn't like him as much as other guys, but he hasn't done anything wrong to me, so I hope he beasts out next year, however much time he gets playing. Woodley looking over his shoulder?
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Again this is not your typical situation. He is a true 3-4 OLB. Those in the past were being converted. And the Steelers already are saying they believe he to be special...

"He definitely is one of the guys I talked about the other day as being a special player in this draft," general manager Kevin Colbert said. "He's a solid kid, a great player. He was dominant at a major college. He plays the run, chases the ball and most important he gets after the passer.
    "It's really just a great honor to have this kid join our team."

"It was a fun and easy evaluation," coach Mike Tomlin said. "You look at the outside linebackers in the 3-4 defenses, usually there's a projection involved. This was an easy projection ... very little guesswork.
    "He excelled in what they asked him to do and he'll be asked to do similar things here."

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-pick-jarvis-jones-in-first-round-of-nfl-draft-685047/[/URL]
    Hey, I'm on your side, I just don't think the Steelers will hand him the job on day one and make it his to lose. When you get the best OLB in the draft and he's a 3-4 OLB and you run a 3-4 base defense and you get him at 1.17 you have to be very happy. With all the talent being rated as 2nd, 3rd or 4th round talent to get one of the guys actually projected to be round 1 talent is awesome. Now, lets hope splash plays are his specialty, on passing downs to start.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy
    My mock was spot on with us taking Jarvis in round 1 for virtually the entire draft season, but then I went and changed everything 2 minutes prior to the start of the draft. Go figure. But I'm more concerned about the Steelers real-life draft than some pretend mock I create...and I'm quite happy with our Steeler draft so far.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    My mock was spot on with us taking Jarvis in round 1 for virtually the entire draft season, but then I went and changed everything 2 minutes prior to the start of the draft. Go figure. But I'm more concerned about the Steelers real-life draft than some pretend mock I create...and I'm quite happy with our Steeler draft so far.
    Well, I had Miami moving up because of all the picks they had; I didn't realize they wanted to move into the top 5, that had to be expensive. So, I had the right idea, just not the magnitude of what Miami wanted.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

how can we complain about drafting a guy who had 28 sacks and 40 tackles for a loss the past 2 years in the toughest conference in college football?

I guess on-field production isn't as important as how you do at the Underwear Olympics...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

There is a fella on the team named Worilds that evidently made James Harrison expendable.
    But we TRIED to sign Harrison to more money than Cincy gave him. Actually, this pick solidifies the fact that they have little confidence that Jason W is the long term answer.

I doubt Jones is the starting ROLB and Worilds specialty (at this point in time) is pass rushing. Unless Worilds fails completely I don't think Jones is seeing the field much, injuries are another story.
    I can see this point, just based on the tendancy to bring people in slowly.
    While I understand Dees point and agree he has a leg up on the typical Dlineman that must be converted, STILL DL tends to bring people in slowly, even at other positions where there is no position change needed.
    I agree with you that Jason is the likey starter game one, HOWEVER at some point in the season I see Jones overtaking him.

Te'o, Minter, Brown or Jonathan Banks in round two and really throw the "you have to score 11ty billion points to win" crowd into a tizzy.
    You know dats da truth. Nice

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher