Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EJ Manuel

Legend

User Info Menu

EJ Manuel

I like the kid, but a first-round pick? What were the Bills smoking?

Legend

User Info Menu

thats why the bills suck. coulda got that guy in the 2nd or third

Legend

User Info Menu

Bills seem to make a surprise pick in the first almost every year. And they're consistently awful. Perhaps, there is a correlation between the two...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's there makeup pick for not taking Russell Wilson last year in the 3rd when they had the chance
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The new fad?

RGIII, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton style.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Kyle Long pick was a surprise as well.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    The new fad?

RGIII, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton style.
    Manuel's not going to be running the football out of the pistol formation. He's a pocket passer, roughly the same size as Ben. He's athletic enough to avoid pass rushers like Ben does, but he's not really much of a running QB overall. This past season, he got nearly 3400 yards (and 23 TD's) with his arm with just over 300 yards (and 4 TD's) with his legs
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Manuel's not going to be running the football out of the pistol formation. He's a pocket passer, roughly the same size as Ben. He's athletic enough to avoid pass rushers like Ben does, but he's not really much of a running QB overall. This past season, he got nearly 3400 yards (and 23 TD's) with his arm with just over 300 yards (and 4 TD's) with his legs
    The thing that gets me is everyone (so called experts), are dead set on him being a project but based on what the Bills did today they are going to be forced to use him year one. And that is a recipe for disaster. He was drafted based on one thing. His arm strength. His decision making over the past few years has been questionable. It is the reason that makes him a project. Matt Barkley has less of an arm than him (but not a horrible arm), but has every thing else. He is the one who is far more NFL ready. I just dont get it. But these are the things that teams look back on and say how did this happen.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Living in Toronto, I get Buffalo sports radio. As popular as the idea of trading back was is how unpopular the drafting of Manuel in the first is. There is not so much complaining about the player as the thought that he would have been there had the Bills waited until their second round pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Living in Florida I have seen and heard way too often about how people get sucked in by Manual. He is a class act with good character but he has major flaws in his mechanics and decision making. He was drafted way too early.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"