Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: EJ Manuel

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    EJ Manuel

    I like the kid, but a first-round pick? What were the Bills smoking?

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,355
    thats why the bills suck. coulda got that guy in the 2nd or third

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,929
    Bills seem to make a surprise pick in the first almost every year. And they're consistently awful. Perhaps, there is a correlation between the two...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Bills seem to make a surprise pick in the first almost every year. And they're consistently awful. Perhaps, there is a correlation between the two...
    So they're the new Bengals? It seems like there was a time when Cincy would pretty much always go off the board in the first. As you noted, I think there was a correlation between this tendency and sucking on the field.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,496
    It's there makeup pick for not taking Russell Wilson last year in the 3rd when they had the chance
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,895
    The new fad?

    RGIII, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton style.

  7. #7
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,356
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    The new fad?

    RGIII, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton style.
    Manuel's not going to be running the football out of the pistol formation. He's a pocket passer, roughly the same size as Ben. He's athletic enough to avoid pass rushers like Ben does, but he's not really much of a running QB overall. This past season, he got nearly 3400 yards (and 23 TD's) with his arm with just over 300 yards (and 4 TD's) with his legs


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,534
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Manuel's not going to be running the football out of the pistol formation. He's a pocket passer, roughly the same size as Ben. He's athletic enough to avoid pass rushers like Ben does, but he's not really much of a running QB overall. This past season, he got nearly 3400 yards (and 23 TD's) with his arm with just over 300 yards (and 4 TD's) with his legs
    The thing that gets me is everyone (so called experts), are dead set on him being a project but based on what the Bills did today they are going to be forced to use him year one. And that is a recipe for disaster. He was drafted based on one thing. His arm strength. His decision making over the past few years has been questionable. It is the reason that makes him a project. Matt Barkley has less of an arm than him (but not a horrible arm), but has every thing else. He is the one who is far more NFL ready. I just dont get it. But these are the things that teams look back on and say how did this happen.


    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State









  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    The thing that gets me is everyone (so called experts), are dead set on him being a project but based on what the Bills did today they are going to be forced to use him year one. And that is a recipe for disaster. He was drafted based on one thing. His arm strength. His decision making over the past few years has been questionable. It is the reason that makes him a project. Matt Barkley has less of an arm than him (but not a horrible arm), but has every thing else. He is the one who is far more NFL ready. I just dont get it. But these are the things that teams look back on and say how did this happen.
    You are probably the only one who thinks this highly of Barkley... there is a reason his is still on the board.

  10. #10
    Starter thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    942
    The Kyle Long pick was a surprise as well.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Jeremiah Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia or James Hurst OT North Carolina
    5. Kenny Ladler FS Vanderbilt
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech or Jordan Tripp LB Montana
    6. Ricardo Allen CB Purdue
    6. (comp) Andrew Jackson ILB W. Kentucky
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •