Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: that sure sucked

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    worldis was supposed to be that replacement for harrison but now they've taken another OLB with a 1st round pick without him even getting a legitimate shot as the starter
    He had plenty of chance.
    When JH was hurt, Chris stinkin Carter, won the starting job over Worilds. Pathetic really.

Worild is the opposite of Jones.
    Last year in college had 4.5 sacks? Really?
    But he is a combine beast.

Jones does IN ONE SEASON, what Worilds did in his College CAREER

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm choosing to have faith in the FO at this point that they know what they are doing more than I do. Jarvis Jones is a Steeler now, so I'll pull for him to be all he can be.
    Per Fox Sports: The Steelers cut James Harrison this offseason and it looks like they found his replacement. Jones is the total package and will immediately upgrade Pittsburgh's pass rush."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well a couple things to add to this, that isn't really related to Jones himself. The Steelers kept with the O-D-O-D approach in drafting in the first. So next year we get an O player. They bucked the trend by taking a 24 year old. 3 years older than their normal selections.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Will we go LB again in round 2?
    Why not, we continually year after year complain that the offense is underperforming but yet we draft for the defense which is suposedly #1 based on rankings. I'd like to know what pictures LeBeau has of Colbert.

Defense DOES NOT win the NFL of 2013. It's about offense. Next year we can tout being the #1 defense and missing the play offs again.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Well a couple things to add to this, that isn't really related to Jones himself. The Steelers kept with the O-D-O-D approach in drafting in the first. So next year we get an O player. They bucked the trend by taking a 24 year old. 3 years older than their normal selections.

We should get a good one drafting in the top 15 because unless we add to our offense we won't beat anyone. Especially with Jarvis Jones watching from the sidelines.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    As you know by now, Eifert IS a bungle. Nice call.

I would've loved to get him or Eric Reid even.
    Bumgals will win the AFC North next season. Mark it down.

Backup

User Info Menu

How many leads have we let go in the last 2 years??? This is the type of guy when we know the team has to throw is gonna help make a diffrence and help produce the sack fumble that the team has been missing. Someone mentioned earlier JW lost out to Carter for starting duties. Not true JW had a wrist injury. But know with James H gone. We were one injury away from putting Carter back on the field. Now we will eithier put Jones or Woirlds on in an injury major upgrade .They have always said the OLB is the most important player in a 3-4 scheme. And we just drafted the best one in the draft. Not sure why people are upset with the pick. He will be starting for us next year by mid season. This kid is a special player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why not, we continually year after year complain that the offense is underperforming but yet we draft for the defense which is suposedly #1 based on rankings. I'd like to know what pictures LeBeau has of Colbert.

Defense DOES NOT win the NFL of 2013. It's about offense. Next year we can tout being the #1 defense and missing the play offs again.
    How many skill players on O were picked in the first round? 2 or 3?

There are still tons of weapons on O in this draft. D may not win championships but it sure looked like it won the first round last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    How many leads have we let go in the last 2 years??? This is the type of guy when we know the team has to throw is gonna help make a diffrence and help produce the sack fumble that the team has been missing. Someone mentioned earlier JW lost out to Carter for starting duties. Not true JW had a wrist injury. But know with James H gone. We were one injury away from putting Carter back on the field. Now we will eithier put Jones or Woirlds on in an injury major upgrade .They have always said the OLB is the most important player in a 3-4 scheme. And we just drafted the best one in the draft. Not sure why people are upset with the pick. He will be starting for us next year by mid season. This kid is a special player.
    The people who are upset...

are ALWAYS upset.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

NJSteeler asked...are worldis, woodley and jones going to all be on the field at once?

REasons it is good to have 3 pass rushing OLBs

1. Woodley is always hurt and Worilds gets dinged up as well.
    2. A rotation will keep all of them fresh. Woodley especially seems to do well in a rotation. A rotation also is frustrating for OTs who have to continue to adjust to who is in front of them.
    3. Jones does not have to start, but can still contribute early in the season. Jones sometimes struggles against the run, and he is not as strong as he needs to be. Give him a year to build more muscle and let him get after the QB in passing situations. In other words, we don't have to depend on the rookie when the situation does not fit his strengths.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.