Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: that sure sucked

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,579

    that sure sucked

    why the hell do the steelers have to use 1 minute of their time before turning in their pick?
    1 pick later and dallas trades back. why the f dont the steelers use that time to entertain offers?

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Because the best defensive player ( a top 5 talent), dropped to them. You run to the podium when that happens. Entertaining is for the unsure. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Because the best defensive player ( a top 5 talent), dropped to them. You run to the podium when that happens. Entertaining is for the unsure. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    just like all the other teams before us ran up there top get him.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    just like all the other teams before us ran up there top get him.
    Uhhhhhhhm, most of the teams ahead of the Steelers are perennially drafting in the top 15. Why? Because they do not draft well. So I am not so sure your point means a lot.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Because the best defensive player ( a top 5 talent), dropped to them. You run to the podium when that happens. Entertaining is for the unsure. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Early in Feb I posted some pics of players and called the thread an unscientific way of picking players. (This was done strictly from the pics and not knowing who the players were)

    Turns out Jarvis Jones was one a lot of fans liked and would have drafted just from his pic.


    (My comment then was) "No reason to not draft any of these players. I kind of like the look of #2 in row 2. He looks like he would mean business on the field."

    Well, #2 was Jarvis Jones.

    But in recent weeks he was not my pick in rd1. I was going with the CB Xavier Rhodes. But, nonetheless since Rhodes, Eifert, Trufant, Hopkins, Cordy, plus a few others were still there when TS picked. 100% support.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Because the best defensive player ( a top 5 talent), dropped to them. You run to the podium when that happens. Entertaining is for the unsure. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    couldn't have said it better, myself!
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  7. #7
    That just tells you how excited that Jones fell in their lap!

  8. #8
    I actually like it when they do it...it shows you they got their guy...Did NFL Network show J Jones getting the call...ESPN showed highlights of Jones but just like last year after the Steelers pick, Godell runs to the podium.

  9. #9
    Huge mistake and Colberts exit. Bust bust bust

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolie Man View Post
    Huge mistake and Colberts exit. Bust bust bust
    Are you serious? How can you call him a bust? Domination in the SEC and he's a bust?
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •