Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good players are falling!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    TIPROAST! Long time no type.

It was certainly odd for your team to only have 5 picks coming into today (1-2-3-7-7), but now they parlayed that late first rounder into 4 picks...what a coup...now you have (2-2-3-3-4-7-7-7) in a draft that is apparently strongest on day two. Manipulating the draft to your advantage once again I see. Nice work.
    I thought NE came away with the best first round even though they got no player. I have no idea how you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    TIPROAST! Long time no type.

It was certainly odd for your team to only have 5 picks coming into today (1-2-3-7-7), but now they parlayed that late first rounder into 4 picks...what a coup...now you have (2-2-3-3-4-7-7-7) in a draft that is apparently strongest on day two. Manipulating the draft to your advantage once again I see. Nice work.
    Yeah, I have been crazy busy at work. And losing in the playoffs at home to the Ravens was a huge downer for me.

But the great things about sports is there's always another season just around the corner, teams get rebuilt, and with the right kind of glasses you can see reason to hope that the coming season will end with a victory in the final playoff game.
    “We'll do the same thing that we always do. We'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.” - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I thought NE came away with the best first round even though they got no player. I have no idea how you do it.
    I thought that Belichick wasn't very interested in this draft. It looked fairly weak to me, and the Pats not having many picks seemed intentional.

The thinking in New England was that Mallet would have to be traded if more picks were to be acquired.

But with Smith and Barkley and Nassib still on the board after the first round, I don't think anyone is going to go after Mallet. And the Patriots have sufficient picks now that it would probably take a 2014 #1 to get him.

Weird that the Vikings gave up so much to move up to draft a potential head-case diva WR.
    Last edited by tiproast; 04-26-2013 at 08:03 AM.
    “We'll do the same thing that we always do. We'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.” - Bill Belichick