Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Jarvis Jones isnt there at 17 and Star Lotulelei is.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Jarvis Jones isnt there at 17 and Star Lotulelei is.....

...can the Steelers make a trade that involves Ziggy Hood? Does Star Lotulelei and an additional mid-round pick become an attractive option for the Steelers?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I smile everytime I read the hate that Ziggy Hood gets because it reminds me of what we all read about Keenan Lewis just one year ago and how just three months ago everyone was lamenting the fact we were going to lose such a good young CB.

The problem has never been hood, but the way he is utilized in this defense. Don't you think it is more than a coincidence that Heyward is now getting very similar criticism? It's not the players my friends. You can make a case that maybe we shouldn't have drafted DEs in Round 1 given how we, IMO, misuse our DL, but both of these guys were highly thought of coming out and got picked late in Round 1 right where they were expected.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

would i take star and let the 3 guys fight for 2 spots? yup... if he's BPA, so be it.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I smile everytime I read the hate that Ziggy Hood gets because it reminds me of what we all read about Keenan Lewis just one year ago and how just three months ago everyone was lamenting the fact we were going to lose such a good young CB.

The problem has never been hood, but the way he is utilized in this defense. Don't you think it is more than a coincidence that Heyward is now getting very similar criticism? It's not the players my friends. You can make a case that maybe we shouldn't have drafted DEs in Round 1 given how we, IMO, misuse our DL, but both of these guys were highly thought of coming out and got picked late in Round 1 right where they were expected.
    Ziggy Hood has been a disappointment by any measure you use, statistical or otherwise. In the same system, many DEs have put up seasons with 6-8 sacks, from Ray Seals to KVO to Aaron Smith. Hood gets absolutely no push as a pass rusher, and teams often opened games by successfully running straight at Ziggy.

He's been perhaps marginally better than Nick Eason. I don't fault his effort - he obviously trains hard. He just is not a particularly talented player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Do you even need DEs with Star as your NT?
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think Star is better suited for DE in 3-4 like Hiloti Ngata. Yes he can play NT but I believe you could get more out of him as 5-technique. And I believe Ziggy Hood is better suited as a 4-3 DE.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Start of a "the Legend of" thread?

Star is not a defensive lineman.....he IS the defensive line.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Start of a "the Legend of" thread?

Star is not a defensive lineman.....he IS the defensive line.
    They call his "star" because like a stars effect on planets....you CANNOT ESCAPE HIM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    They call his "star" because like a stars effect on planets....you CANNOT ESCAPE HIM.
    He is so great regardless of who you already have, your defense WILL "revolve" around "Star"

TCFCLTC-

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In this case you pick Star and thank the 16 ahead of you!