Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hope the Steelers draft Sio Moore

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope the Steelers draft Sio Moore

Not in the first of course but in the second round. I took him out of mock because I think they get Jarvis Jones with their pick at 17. I still would love for them to get Sio Moore. I think he has all the makings of being star. He can play any position of the 4 LB spots in a 3-4. He does many things well. Cover, rush the passer, strong, fast/quick, hits with a ton of bricks, and plays with a mean streak. He to me is as close as a James Harrison as there is in this draft. Would love to see this guy in Black and Gold regardless of them taking a LB i the first round. I believe he will turn out to be the best player drafted in round two.

[URL]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/04/21/steelers-draft-prospect-sio-moore-im-the-best-linebacker-in-the-draft/[/URL]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Listening to him on Sirius NFL Radio's Moving the Chains program earlier this week, the kid sounded impressive. Some of the draft prospects they interview are barely able to string more than 3 words together, but Sio was engaging and seemed to say all of the right things (at least to me).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

From Sio Moore....

“My coaches have put me in the best position possible throughout this draft process. They made me into a complete linebacker that can play any and everywhere on the field. I know I’m the best linebacker in this class because of that. They’ve given me ultimate versatility. My teammates trusted me to do my job, and my coaches trusted me to put me out there against wide receivers and tight ends. They believed I was going to win no matter where they put me on the field.”
    “I really feel like I’m the best linebacker in this class. I feel like I’m one of the only guys who can really do everything on the field, and I have the tape to prove it.”
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 04-25-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dude managed to come off as humble, even with comments like the above displaying total confidence in his own ability.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sure Tomlin's in love with him because of his positional flexibility. I almost put him in at my 2nd pick in my final mock, but decided on a different position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Dude managed to come off as humble, even with comments like the above displaying total confidence in his own ability.
    Agreed. Confident without being overly cocky.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Not in the first of course but in the second round. I took him out of mock because I think they get Jarvis Jones with their pick at 17. I still would love for them to get Sio Moore. I think he has all the makings of being star. He can play any position of the 4 LB spots in a 3-4. He does many things well. Cover, rush the passer, strong, fast/quick, hits with a ton of bricks, and plays with a mean streak. He to me is as close as a James Harrison as there is in this draft. Would love to see this guy in Black and Gold regardless of them taking a LB i the first round. I believe he will turn out to be the best player drafted in round two.

[URL]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/04/21/steelers-draft-prospect-sio-moore-im-the-best-linebacker-in-the-draft/[/URL]
    I like the guy as an inside backer......I'd spend a 2nd on him

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm sure Tomlin's in love with him because of his positional flexibility. I almost put him in at my 2nd pick in my final mock, but decided on a different position.
    I hope he is in love with him enough not to draft Jarvis Jones in Round 1.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And that drives me crazy... In a starter, i don't want positional flexibility... i want a guy that does one thing better than anyone else... and he does that one thing so well, opposing teams have to gameplan for him.

if I can havel 11 individuals, i don't want 11-swiss army knives. I want a couple of damn good kinves, a couple of damn good screw drivers, a damn good cork-screw and few other damn good tools.

Lawrence Taylor was not flexible. He was a perfect-10 pass rusher who was average at many other things. Mike Singletary was not flexible. He was simply a 10 run stuffer who was average at many other things. We barely remember their flexible, "good at MANY things" teammates (Harry carson, Otis Wilson)... nobody gave a crap.

For a backup tool, an swiss-army knife is conveinent. And it saves space, if i'm limited to 53 tools... I'll keep one in the car in case of unexpected emergency.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    And that drives me crazy... In a starter, i don't want positional flexibility... i want a guy that does one thing better than anyone else... and he does that one thing so well, opposing teams have to gameplan for him.

if I can havel 11 individuals, i don't want 11-swiss army knives. I want a couple of damn good kinves, a couple of damn good screw drivers, a damn good cork-screw and few other damn good tools.

Lawrence Taylor was not flexible. He was a perfect-10 pass rusher who was average at many other things. Mike Singletary was not flexible. He was simply a 10 run stuffer who was average at many other things. We barely remember their flexible, "good at MANY things" teammates (Harry carson, Otis Wilson)... nobody gave a crap.

For a backup tool, an swiss-army knife is conveinent. And it saves space, if i'm limited to 53 tools... I'll keep one in the car in case of unexpected emergency.
    My answer:

Rod Woodson
    Dermotti Dawson
    Chad Brown
    Kevin Greene
    Carnel Lake
    Alan Faneca
    Jeff Hartings
    Kimo V
    Maukice Pouncey

All above demostrated position flexibility during their careers

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher