Thread: If Anyone Knows Who We're Taking

Legend

User Info Menu

If Anyone Knows Who We're Taking

Colbert and Tomlin are doing a bad job. We should have no idea who the Steelers like or who they are targeting at 1.17.

Looking back, how many of these pundits ever really knew? Except for the ones that changed their mind enough times to eventually say the pick at some point.

Did anyone expect DD, Heyward, Hood, etc?

Probably the last time people were positive was when we took Terry Bradshaw #1 overall. Although no one followed the draft back then. No one was a Steelers fan back then.

Here's a little tidbit I found interesting. Does anyone know who the very first Steelers first round draft pick was in 1936?

William Shakespeare - RB - Notre Dame

Legend

User Info Menu

I knew the Shakespeare trivia. I didn't expect DeCastro to be available to us last year, but I expected us to take him if he was, so based on how the board (surprisingly) fell, the pick itself was not a surprise. I also knew the team held Heyward in high regard, so I wasn't shocked by that, even though we had just taken Hood as a 3-4 DE a couple of years prior (but with both Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel aging, it was defensible). The one that came completely out of left field to me was Ziggy Hood. I totally didn't see that one coming, although I think Chadman might have touted that possibility pre-draft if memory serves.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.