Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: Steelers Have Zeroed in on Two Prospects for the 17th Overall Pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Anyone know anything about Bjoern Werner - DE/OLB from FSU? 6'3"/260 - 265. I've seen him pop up in a couple of mock drafts out there. Maybe someone they consider if Jones is off the board? I read he was considered a top 20 pick but don't know anything else.
    I've tried to keep my eye on him a bit because my brother-in-law is an FSU alum and raves about him. Early on he was mostly projected to go in the top 5, and then seemed to fall off the map. He was a 4-3 DE at FSU, but looks to have the size and speed and playmaking ability to make the transition to 3-4 OLB. He has only been playing football for about 4 years as he is of German descent and began when he arrived in the U.S.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If the Steelers really have 2 targets, I would bet that they are Jones and Vaccaro. I don't see Patterson fitting their mold - only one year of production, and lots of questions about his football IQ.
    what he said.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yup the 2 target thing is a joke. I can assure you they have 17 targets.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Not only that, every new mock I see lately, has another big star dropping. Mayocks latest mock had us taking Jones and Lotulelei going at 18. If Star Lotulelei is there at 18, the Steelers would have a hard time passing on him. He could play anywhere on the line and push the pocket from the middle, freeing up linebackers.

It is going to be a fun night (I hope)

If you believe some board posters, that's not what the Steelers want from their DL so it would be a wasted pick.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bjoern Werner would be a steal at 17.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I still don't want Werner...Defensive End isn't a need..
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If the Steelers really have 2 targets, I would bet that they are Jones and Vaccaro.
    yup, and after the Saints picked Vaccaro at #15 it made it easy for the Steelers.

this pick also tells you the Steelers either aren't fully sold on Jason Worilds or are possibly considering cutting Lamarr Woodley next year if he has another lackluster season.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha