Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please explain why we need another...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I must be the only person on this board who thought Adams adjusted and played well late last season.
    I thought he was a fantastic run blocker on the right. But he looked out of place at LT.

Legend

User Info Menu

I must be the only person on this board who thought Adams adjusted and played well late last season.
    I like Adams much better than Gilbert. However, Ben would probably sleep better at night if Starks was back for one more year of insurance.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Ogletree next to Timmons would be about perfect, but don't see the Steelers doing it. We don't need anything. Just a difference maker. Let's get the best one at any position except QB.

Here's to hoping Star drops to 17. That would be a difference maker in the Ben, Troy mold. And difference makers help us win championships.

Watch the Steelers do something crazy like drafting Hankins at 17.
    doesn't ogletree have character issues?

on a side note, if it were me, i'd run right at 'em over and over again. they're both better at pursuit than stack-n-shed
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

No, you aren't alone.
    I don't know why he receives so much hate from some.
    He's a good run blocker and needs to work on pass protection.
    If he works hard in camp, I'm sure he'll pan out.

Legend

User Info Menu

We need another OLB because we don't have one on the roster who can stay healthy.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Draft rumors according to Walter.football

• WalterFootball.com was the first site to report on Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones not being a good workout guy who had the potential to fall to the middle of the first round. WalterFootball.com also was the first to project him to the Pittsburgh Steelers. That has become a consensus projection across the web since then. League contacts agree that the Steelers will take Jones if he falls to their pick. However they say he may not get there. The Jets supposedly love Jones. He also could land in New Orleans. Sources say don't be surprised if a team that loves Jones trades in front Pittsburgh to get him.

• If Jones is off the board along with other edge rushers like LSU's Barkevious Mingo, the Steelers' Plan B is Tennessee wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson. They think highly of Patterson and would love to add his big-play threat to replace what they lost in Mike Wallace. Pittsburgh had its entire contingent at the Tennessee Pro Day, and the Steelers came away impressed with both Patterson and Volunteer quarterback Tyler Bray.

• If the Steelers miss out on Jones and take Patterson, they will definitely target a pass-rusher on the second day. Sources told WalterFootball.com that the Steelers have soured on Jason Worilds. The pass-rushers that Pittsburgh would target on Day 2 include Southern Miss linebacker Jamie Collins, Clemson defensive end Malliciah Goodman and Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore. They also like Ohio State's John Simon as a mid-to-late-rounder.

• North Carolina State safety Earl Wolff has graded out as a third-round pick according to sources. They like his skill set with some size, speed and production at the college level. However, a number of teams that could target a safety on the second day are going to pass on Wolff because he did poorly in the team interviews. He wasn't a bad-character player, but he struggled schematically on the board. Teams that play complex coverage schemes won't draft a player like that.
    The coaching staff has not "soured" on Worilds. Walterfootball needs to do it's research before throwing out stupid comments.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.