Thread: Help me out with some things I'm thinking about for tomorrow

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Help me out with some things I'm thinking about for tomorrow

So I've narrowed my wish list down to six, who I think might be available. I'm not necessarily as up-to-date with projections, so help me out with how likely the player will be there at 17. For example, Luke Joeckel might be 1%, Tyrann Mathieu would be 99%.

Here are the four:
    Eifert
    Milliner
    Austin
    Jones

The other two I'm thinking about our wish list players, who figure to be available (I think), and I personally wonder why aren't considerations for us.

1) Sheldon Richardson - Everything I've read about him says he has big-time potential. Frankly, I don't now why a player with his ability and track record isn't surefire Top 10. I know he isn't a pure 3-4 DE, but we never are in position for a player with his pedigree. Even if he was only a nickel rusher, I think he'd be worth the pick.

2) DJ Hayden - I don't know much about him other than his medical concern, but Mike Mayock has him rated as the top corner. I wonder if that is more a function of a not-so-strong corner class (i.e. Mayock doesn't think Milliner/Rhodes are all that?), or whether this would be an opportunity to get tremendous value (off of people being scared off by the kid's medical history).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Austin and Richardson are probably off the board by 17. Richardson is seen by many going to the Panthers. Austin seen going anywhere from 8 to 16. I still think Millner is in play with Cleveland. Short sighted mockers have him off that pick because he won't be ready for TC. But if the medical clears, he could be their pick at 6.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If this helps, here's my top six picks for first round wishlist:

Jarvis Jones
    Kenny Vaccaro
    Xavier Rhodes
    Chance Warmack
    Geno Smith
    Cordarelle Patterson (this is my LAST RESORT)
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

After the top 10 picks this draft could go any which way. About the only question mark is some health questions and if a QB gets selected early.

After that, there's guys I could see going 15 or 45. The talent seems really bunched up and similar. I think the Steelers just sit and wait and let the draft come to them and zig when everyone else zags. Which means we'll end up with a G, ILB, or RB because those are the most out of vogue positions.