Thread: The Problem With Pick 17

Legend

The Problem With Pick 17

There's not likely gonna be a sure thing. I doubt there's any legit guaranteed 1st round talent left at that point. In a way, every pick I've seen suggested looks insane to a degree. Everyone's questionable.

Do we overdraft a TE?
    Do we draft a guy pushing 30?
    Do we draft Catfish?
    Do we draft another G?
    Maybe we grab a T?
    A CB?
    A WR?
    A LB?

We've talked about a ton of guys over the last few months because there's no clear cut guy to be taken at this point. Most of the choices that feel like they'll be there make me feel blah.

Rounds 2-5, I could draft 40 guys that are exciting at that point. But pick 17 doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

Will the Steelers take a risk or play it safe? This is just one of those years, I'm not as excited about our first pick heading into the draft.

I get the feeling that one of the higher rated players will fall and we'll continue the trend of grabbing a guy that falls to us unexpectedly. No idea who that will be or what position...
    BnB Mock 2014
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
    3. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
    4. Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
    5. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
    5. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
    7. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona (went to BnB's Los Alamitos High School)

Another AS masterpiece.

Jones is far from questionable. I could care less what he runs the 40 in shorts. He is medically clear. He is the best pass rusher in the upcoming draft and we just might get him.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Jones is far from questionable. I could care less what he runs the 40 in shorts. He is medically clear. He is the best pass rusher in the upcoming draft and we just might get him.
    ...or he is Huey Richardson or Vernon Gholston. None of these pass rusher or any other player is a sure thing for the NFL.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Nor is the number 1 so what are we discussing?

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...or he is Huey Richardson or Vernon Gholston. None of these pass rusher or any other player is a sure thing for the NFL.
    Tyler Eifert might be Anthony Becht. Cordarelle Patterson might be Troy Williamson. Eddie Lacy might be Blair Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Or he's Lawrence Timmons. An ILB or 4-3 OLB, but not a good fit at 3-4 OLB in the NFL.
    Here comes the BOOM!