Thread: So I was wrong but...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So I was wrong but...

..I think that Matt Barkley will ultimately prove me right. Same with Manti T'eo. Think about this....

The Dallas Cowboys are never going to win a super bowl with Tony Romo as their QB. Not gonna happen. I believe Barkley with that same offense that Romo has would do a better job than Romo. And no way is E.J. Manuel better than Barkley. Neither is Geno Smith or Ryan Nassab. I bet the farm that Barkley is going to have a very successful NFL career.

Thinking that NFL teams are going to make sounds decisions can make you wrong. Look at the picks in the first round. How many can be considered horrible, questionable picks? The Dallas Cowboys need defense and they trade out of pick 18 to select a player (an offensive player), at the end of round one who most had as a 3rd round pick. That was far from a sound pick. E.J. Manuel as the 16th overall pick? The Chicago Bears had Kyle Long as the highest rated guard they have scouted in the last 10 years? Justin Pugh as the 19th overall pick?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Dub, you may have been wrong (who among us isn't), but you put your thoughts and opinions out there and keep the discussion lively. It keeps things interesting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Dub, you may have been wrong (who among us isn't), but you put your thoughts and opinions out there and keep the discussion lively. It keeps things interesting.
    Thanks Bro!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ..I think that Matt Barkley will ultimately prove me right. Same with Manti T'eo. Think about this....

The Dallas Cowboys are never going to win a super bowl with Tony Romo as their QB. Not gonna happen. I believe Barkley with that same offense that Romo has would do a better job than Romo. And no way is E.J. Manuel better than Barkley. Neither is Geno Smith or Ryan Nassab. I bet the farm that Barkley is going to have a very successful NFL career.

Thinking that NFL teams are going to make sounds decisions can make you wrong. Look at the picks in the first round. How many can be considered horrible, questionable picks? The Dallas Cowboys need defense and they trade out of pick 18 to select a player (an offensive player), at the end of round one who most had as a 3rd round pick. That was far from a sound pick. E.J. Manuel as the 16th overall pick? The Chicago Bears had Kyle Long as the highest rated guard they have scouted in the last 10 years? Justin Pugh as the 19th overall pick?
    To be fair to Chicago, a guy by the name of Greg Cosell (I really respect his scouting), had Kyle Long as a first round pick. This may turn out to be a Duane Brown style pick for Chicago.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

You dont have a farm to bet...

They chances of anyone getting the draft right is impossible...

Not sure why you would swear up and down how it would go down for a kid with a weak arm and a losing record and a kid with a fake GF and a horrible championship game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    You dont have a farm to bet...

They chances of anyone getting the draft right is impossible...

Not sure why you would swear up and down how it would go down for a kid with a weak arm and a losing record and a kid with a fake GF and a horrible championship game.
    Show me one professional associated with the NFL who says Barkley has a weak arm.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Show me one professional associated with the NFL who says Barkley has a weak arm.
    If he last until the 3rd round, would you finally be willing to admit the "Professionals", i.e. teams, see something there. He may just be a slightly better Jimmy Clausen.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Questionable arm strength is the correct term... and we went through this already. He hasnt been drafted yet so thay says something about how the professionals feel about him.

The best QB in the draft would be gone already.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Barkley drops to the third...then maybe?
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa