Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realistic Trade Down Scenarios; 1 possibility w/ Atlanta, 4 possibilities w/ San Fran

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'd take Atlanta's 30th overall pick and their 2014 first round pick for #17 in a heartbeat. The first round is supposed to be much better next year than this year. I won't lament losing out on Jarvis Jones this year if we could have 2 first rounders next year to possibly be able to move up for Jadeveon Clowney next year instead.
    I like your thinking...

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't rule out Miami just yet. I mentioned in another thread they've already landed Wallace, if they trade up with the Steelers they would have 1.12 and 1.17 and two pick in the third round. They could want to try and make a splash to get the fan base excited.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'd take Atlanta's 30th overall pick and their 2014 first round pick for #17 in a heartbeat. The first round is supposed to be much better next year than this year. I won't lament losing out on Jarvis Jones this year if we could have 2 first rounders next year to possibly be able to move up for Jadeveon Clowney next year instead.
    I like this idea or with anyone for that matter. Drop in the first round and pick up picks next year when the talent is better. I bet that's what NE will be doing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I wouldn't rule out Miami just yet. I mentioned in another thread they've already landed Wallace, if they trade up with the Steelers they would have 1.12 and 1.17 and two pick in the third round. They could want to try and make a splash to get the fan base excited.

Pappy
    If Miami wanted to move up, they could give up their own 2nd round pick, the 2nd round pick they got from the Bears, and the 3rd round pick they got from the Colts in exchange for our 17th overall pick and our 4th rounder.

1.17 = 950
    4.115 = 64

Total = 1014 points

2.42 = 480
    2.54 = 360
    3.82 = 180

Total = 1020 points

Miami has 11 picks now, so this trade would give them 10 (2 firsts, 1 third, 2 fourths, 2 fifths, and 3 sevenths).

We have 8 picks now, so this trade would give us 9 (3 seconds, 2 thirds, 1 fifth, 2 sixths, 1 seventh).

What could we do with this type of trade?

2.42 TE Zach Ertz
    2.48 ILB Kevin Minter
    2.54 OLB Jamie Collins
    3.79 RB Giovani Bernard
    3.82 FS Philip Thomas
    5.150 CB Tharold Simon
    6.186 WR Aaron Mellette
    6.206 OG J.C. Tretter
    7.223 SS Earl Wolff
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.