Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Sunshine Mock

Legend

User Info Menu

Final Sunshine Mock

Everyone wants more from the offense so here is a draft that gives us more

Round 1: Tyler Eifert, TE, 6’5” 250lbs, Notre Dame (also strongly would consider John Cooper, OG)
    Round 2: Johnathan Franklin, RB, 5’10” 205lbs, UCLA
    Round 3: DJ Swearinger, S, 5’11” 210 lbs. South Carolina
    Round 4: Jonathan Bostic, ILB, 6’ 1” 245lbs, Florida
    Round 5: Zac Dysert, QB, 6’ 3”, 231lbs, Miami (OH)
    Round 6: Aaron Mellete, WR, 6’3” 216lbs, Elon
    Round 7: Rontez Miles, S, 5’11”, 203lbs, Cal (Pa)
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Swearinger, Bostic, and Miles are all wasted picks. LeBeau will never play them.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Swearinger, Bostic, and Miles are all wasted picks. LeBeau will never play them.
    Which is why none are a Round 1 pick or of immediate need for 2013 until they serve their mandatory hazing period. It's also why there are 4 Off players and 3 Defense players. We will actually get value from 4/7th of the 2013 draft in 2013.

Legend

User Info Menu

Although I'm not on the Eifert at 17 bandwagon, I actually like all of the guys that you picked here, so I would be satisfied with a draft like that, even if it were not my top choice.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Although I'm not on the Eifert at 17 bandwagon, I actually like all of the guys that you picked here, so I would be satisfied with a draft like that, even if it were not my top choice.
    Tha nks and likewise I would be just as happy with the draft in your sig. You know I'm all about attacking the QB and if Jones can do it I'm his biggest fan.

I just think Jones has red flags all over the place and I think that Worilds will be much better than many give him credit for.

Plus Jones won't be allowed to play until he learns all 15 variations of the third secondary blitz on third and long. Even though LeBeau rarely calls that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Eifert has grown on me. Especially if it means not taking Jarvis Jones. I like the Dysert pick in Round 5 too
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am not super fond of Franklin in the second. From what I've seen of him, I wouldn't pick him before the 4th round. I have read that he played much of the season at under 200 pounds. Those types of backs rarely make it in this league unless they are truly elite athletes. I don't see that either. He is smart and has a great attitude to go along with good skills. But, for me, that is a middle round guy.

I know he is the darling of a lot of draft analysts, but I am missing what they are swooning over.

I'd be good with Eifert, Bostic, Dysert, and Melette. I prefer J. J. Wilcox to Swearinger, but wouldn't hate the pick.

Not bad, Ovi.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Administrator

User Info Menu

So far I like Ruthless' mock the best.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ovi, for as much as we disagree, I generally like your first 5 picks (and I don't know enough about the last two to saying anything one way or another). Like Ruthless, I'm also not on the Eifert at 17 bandwagon, but I could live with the pick.

I would like to see a developmental OLB somewhere in there. I'm not sold on Carter, not sure about Robinson, and believe that the Steelers still need to improve their depth, especially with Worilds and Woodley having such significant injury histories.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I am not super fond of Franklin in the second. From what I've seen of him, I wouldn't pick him before the 4th round. I have read that he played much of the season at under 200 pounds. Those types of backs rarely make it in this league unless they are truly elite athletes. I don't see that either. He is smart and has a great attitude to go along with good skills. But, for me, that is a middle round guy.

I know he is the darling of a lot of draft analysts, but I am missing what they are swooning over.

I'd be good with Eifert, Bostic, Dysert, and Melette. I prefer J. J. Wilcox to Swearinger, but wouldn't hate the pick.

Not bad, Ovi.
    I think Franklin really fits what Haley does sort of a Jamal Charles (-)