Thread: The Problem With Pick 17

Legend

User Info Menu

The Problem With Pick 17

There's not likely gonna be a sure thing. I doubt there's any legit guaranteed 1st round talent left at that point. In a way, every pick I've seen suggested looks insane to a degree. Everyone's questionable.

Do we overdraft a TE?
    Do we draft a guy pushing 30?
    Do we draft Catfish?
    Do we draft another G?
    Maybe we grab a T?
    A CB?
    A WR?
    A LB?

We've talked about a ton of guys over the last few months because there's no clear cut guy to be taken at this point. Most of the choices that feel like they'll be there make me feel blah.

Rounds 2-5, I could draft 40 guys that are exciting at that point. But pick 17 doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

Will the Steelers take a risk or play it safe? This is just one of those years, I'm not as excited about our first pick heading into the draft.

Starter

User Info Menu

I get the feeling that one of the higher rated players will fall and we'll continue the trend of grabbing a guy that falls to us unexpectedly. No idea who that will be or what position...

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jones is far from questionable. I could care less what he runs the 40 in shorts. He is medically clear. He is the best pass rusher in the upcoming draft and we just might get him.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Jones is far from questionable. I could care less what he runs the 40 in shorts. He is medically clear. He is the best pass rusher in the upcoming draft and we just might get him.
    ...or he is Huey Richardson or Vernon Gholston. None of these pass rusher or any other player is a sure thing for the NFL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Nor is the number 1 so what are we discussing?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...or he is Huey Richardson or Vernon Gholston. None of these pass rusher or any other player is a sure thing for the NFL.
    Tyler Eifert might be Anthony Becht. Cordarelle Patterson might be Troy Williamson. Eddie Lacy might be Blair Thomas.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Or he's Lawrence Timmons. An ILB or 4-3 OLB, but not a good fit at 3-4 OLB in the NFL.
    Here comes the BOOM!