Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ed Bouchette said, one of these three could be Steelers pick @ 17

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    If the CBs start to fall, unfortunately, that may take Atlanta out of the trade picture. Unless they are really in love with one of those guys. If for some instance all 3 top CBs are there at 17, maybe they just wait to see who falls. Denver and New England may be in line for a CB, but the Patsys like Jamar Taylor from what I've read. That would still leave a nice selection of CBs for Atlanta to choose from.
    If all 3 top CBs are there at 17, I just take Milliner without even thinking about trade down scenarios. We need an heir apparent for Ike, who's aging and whose price tag will be rising next year (possible cap cut next offseason).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It is if you have the right TE and use him properly...
    No- not 'premium player', 'Premium Pick'. Traditionally, TE's go no higher than late in the 1st round. Same with OG's.

There's very few people suggesting that Warmack & Cooper are not within the top 15 players of this draft, however there are very few saying either will be gone by pick #15. It's not to do with talent, it's the value placed on the position. TE is the same.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    No- not 'premium player', 'Premium Pick'. Traditionally, TE's go no higher than late in the 1st round. Same with OG's.

There's very few people suggesting that Warmack & Cooper are not within the top 15 players of this draft, however there are very few saying either will be gone by pick #15. It's not to do with talent, it's the value placed on the position. TE is the same.
    After the combine Steeler fans put MAXIMUM value on the TE position.... it's now rated higher than franchise QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    After the combine Steeler fans put MAXIMUM value on the TE position.... it's now rated higher than franchise QB.
    Maybe the Steelers should put a package together & move up to secure him?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I heard the same thing about San Fran and Atlanta about moving up, so yes it should be interesting as the evening moves forward.
    I have joined up with the group that has landed on X-man Rhodes. Even though this is not a #1 or even #2 priority position. So what! Down the road a player of this caliber is the type championship teams must have.

Anyway, last week I participated in a mock draft that for me was a new idea. It was simply based on the 7 rd mock draft of Walters football.[any 7rd mock would work] And all you had to do was either accept their pick or make one of your own at 17 48 79 etc.

What I liked about this idea was it really simulated the feel of a real draft. After you picked in any given round then 31 players were gone before you chose again.

Then if you did not agree with the pick made in the next round you of course had the option of taking any one of the available players on the board. It really was as close to a real draft as anything I had seen before.

What I did , since Rhodes in this mock was gone earlier than 17, was make one of the SF trades someone had suggested in another thread. This made Lacy available in rd2 at 34 and he was taken. Anyhow it came out like this and this is my mock for TS.

1. 17 Took Blitzburgh34 trade with SF idea, since Rhodes was gone and just could not take another OG now.

2 34 RB Eddie Lacy 46

2 48 WR Markus Wheaton 59 WR Terrance Williams 78 replaces MkW

2 61 OLB/DE Jamie Collins 70

3 79 SS Shamarko Thomas 79

4 114 CB Will Davis 120 --Tharold Simon 125 and Sam Montgomery 134 are still there?

5 150 WR Josh Boyce 150

6 186 TE Joseph Fauria 196 DT Nick Williams 188 [don't we get 2 picks rd6?

Thats about it. There was no 7thrd. I probably would have taken RB Rex Burkhead if he was there.

btw: after the fact, I changed pick 48 to TW. ?? Don't ask?

Legend

User Info Menu

i like the first and 3rd... still don't understand why you'd draft a half-season starter to become a backup when heath heals... and if you want a Tall WR with hands, Ertz is a better receiver...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If all 3 top CBs are there at 17, I just take Milliner without even thinking about trade down scenarios. We need an heir apparent for Ike, who's aging and whose price tag will be rising next year (possible cap cut next offseason).
    Ruthless, I agree.

Administrator

User Info Menu

IMO, I think that could happen... because of the 5 surgeries. Just a hunch.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    IMO, I think that could happen... because of the 5 surgeries. Just a hunch.
    I even suggested trading up for Milliner in another thread if the price was reasonable (i.e. I'm not parting with my 2nd round pick in a draft that would appear to have a loaded 2nd round). Dee Milliner and Cortez Allen would be an impressive young CB pair going forward if we are unable to afford Ike after this season. His past surgeries don't scare me...I think he only missed 1 games in his career at Alabama. And if his labrum prevents him from being ready for training camp so be it...we're fine with Ike, Tez, & Gay now...this would be a pick for 2014...as Colbert said, any productivity as a rookie is a bonus.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-25-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I even suggested trading up for Milliner in another thread if the price was reasonable (i.e. I'm not parting with my 2nd round pick in a draft that would appear to have a loaded 2nd round). Dee Milliner and Cortez Allen would be an impressive young CB pair going forward if we are unable to afford Ike after this season. His past surgeries don't scare me...I think he only missed 1 games in his career at Alabama. And if his labrum prevents him from being ready for training camp so be it...we're fine with Ike, Tez, & Gay now...this would be a pick for 2014...as Colbert said, any productivity as a rookie is a bonus.
    Not only would it be a pick for 2014, but even late this season, I could see Ike, Allen and Milliner as a great top 3.