Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greg Cosell's Mock has Ansah and Milliner available at 17

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    That is what I'm hearing to about Atlanta. I even have that scenario in my mock. They may be looking for a "Julio Jones" trade up for a CB or DE. Wouldn't it be interesting if they think Jarvis Jones is their guy and keep him in Georgia? Would anyone trade back to 30 and pick up a 2nd & 4th if Jones is at 17?
    absolutely. I think this draft has excellent depth from round 2-5. I think there will be many great values and I'd love to pick up some more selections. Jones is a great talent, but he has enough red flags (off the field work ethic, health) that I could pass on him if it meant adding three good starters (for the price of Jones).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not to hijack this thread (I would be happy to see Milliner selected, and I think I would be happy to see Ansah too), but why is Sheldon Richardson not a consideration? I mean, he's not your conventional 5-technique guy, but he brings the potential for an elite pass-rush dimension... one that we've never had, never been in position to be able to acquire. From what I read, the guy is that. Yet in many mocks, they have him available at 17.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No way Ansah is at #17. If so, I'll run to New York to help the Steelers rush up the card with his name on it.

No interest in Millner.
    Absolutely. I'll even offer to drive you to NY to make that selection.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I use to have interest in getting Ensah, but haven't for a while. I'd be surprised if Milliner would drop to us. I'd be okay with Milliner.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No way Ansah is at #17. If so, I'll run to New York to help the Steelers rush up the card with his name on it.

No interest in Millner.
    Ansah is exactly the player that you hate, because he's a project and will sit for a year maybe longer, Milliner should be your guy, he could step in and play day one, he has to better than Gay.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    That is what I'm hearing to about Atlanta. I even have that scenario in my mock. They may be looking for a "Julio Jones" trade up for a CB or DE. Wouldn't it be interesting if they think Jarvis Jones is their guy and keep him in Georgia? Would anyone trade back to 30 and pick up a 2nd & 4th if Jones is at 17?
    In a heartbeat. 2nd thru 4th rounds are the money rounds in this draft.
    Here comes the BOOM!