Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a no-brainer! If Jarvis Jones is there at 17, he will be highest rated on...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's a no-brainer! If Jarvis Jones is there at 17, he will be highest rated on...

..the Steelers board. I believe he will be at least the 5th best overall player on their entire board. And to have him there at 17 is an easy pick. He is the best defensive football player in this draft, he is a big time play maker, he fills a major position of need, and as a defensive player in this draft, he is the most NFL ready. A couple months ago I said no way does he make it out of the top 5. Well it sounds as if that is going to happen. In fact if he makes it past New Orleans at 15, he is going to be a Steeler. And this is going to be huge. As a result I have modified my Steeler mock draft. I would not have a problem with them going LB, LB with Jones and Sio Moore 1 and 2 but I think they will go with Jesse Williams instead.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldn't mind Jones in the first. Not my first pick but I'd like it. I'd also be pretty stoked if Minter fell to us in the second. I don't think he would, but I'd love to see Ovi in meltdown mode

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I wouldn't mind Jones in the first. Not my first pick but I'd like it. I'd also be pretty stoked if Minter fell to us in the second. I don't think he would, but I'd love to see Ovi in meltdown mode
    I would rather have Sio Moore over Kevin Minter and I was the guy pimping Minter back in October. Sio Moore can play all LB positions in a 3-4 He can cover, he strong, he is quick/fast, and he has mean streak. Add his size (height and weight) and her minds me of.........hmmmmm?...Oh yeah, James Harrison.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I could live with jarvis jones in the 1st and eric reid in the 2nd.

Legend

User Info Menu

If one of the two top guards (Warmack or Cooper) falls (unlikely) I take them, even though we have invested a lot in oline lately.
    An interior line with Pouncey, DeCastro and one of those rooks would be scary good.

If they are gone as I expect, I would definately go Jones
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-23-2013 at 11:57 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

From a value standpoint alone, it's hard to argue against Jarvis Jones. What it means for the Steelers OLB's in future years is yet to be decided, however...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    From a value standpoint alone, it's hard to argue against Jarvis Jones. What it means for the Steelers OLB's in future years is yet to be decided, however...
    I say the two guards are "cant miss" prospects more than Jones is.
    I know BOTH might be gone but two guards that early is unheard of.
    I would not be shocked if one was there.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-24-2013 at 12:07 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

What, no mention of Eifert in this thread?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    What, no mention of Eifert in this thread?
    I think it just happened.
    THANKS for making sure EVERY thread mentioed him.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

I love watching Jones play and he looks like the perfect ROLB which we don't have. But something tells me he might not be the pick because of his age/health.

What I do know is it's gonna be interesting to see who's on the board when we pick. I'm kinda expecting the unexpected.