Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's a no-brainer! If Jarvis Jones is there at 17, he will be highest rated on...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I don't want them to draft offense for the sake of doing so...

I want them to take the BPA...
    I see what you're saying and I agree. I just think that they can find BPA on the Offensive side of the ball.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I don't have a big feeling about Jones, but I really would prefer Offense first. Yes, I know that this is the D's year. However, I still think that the D is a top 10 D even with the losses we've had in the offseason. The O has struggled as a second tier unit that already lost the #1 RB, #1 WR and the #1 TE will be out half the year. I just think that Offense is needed more.

That said, even though I scratch my head at some choices, I trust the FO to make the right call. If the choices is Jones, Mingo or some other D player then so be it.
    You're CRAZY. I would be happy if we got Eifert, or AUSTIN, or even one of those Guards that we don't need, but I really don't think it can be argued that O is our bigger need. Our D may be ranked #1, but anyone who watched this team over the past couple years can see the huge deficiency when it comes to playmaking (on our D). The onus for that, must be taken off the shoulders of guys like Polamalu (thereby relieving pressure off him and making him more productive again). We need an injection of youth on D.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

honestly i'd rather have Vacarro, Jones or one of the guards and then take Ertz/minter in the second.I really don't think that Eifert is the guy that I would take....

Rookie

User Info Menu

I see what you're saying and I agree. I just think that they can find BPA on the Offensive side of the ball.
    If a guy like Milliner is available (as projected in at least one mock), I would have to disagree...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't have a big feeling about Jones, but I really would prefer Offense first. Yes, I know that this is the D's year. However, I still think that the D is a top 10 D even with the losses we've had in the offseason. The O has struggled as a second tier unit that already lost the #1 RB, #1 WR and the #1 TE will be out half the year. I just think that Offense is needed more.

That said, even though I scratch my head at some choices, I trust the FO to make the right call. If the choices is Jones, Mingo or some other D player then so be it.
    Notable offensive gems after the first round (starting at 2004):

Second round: Ray Rice, RB; Baltimore. Vincent Jackson, WR; San Diego. Greg Jennings, WR; Green Bay. Matt Forte, RB; Chicago, DeSean Jackson, WR; Philadelphia. Rob Gronkowski, TE; New England

Third round: Chris Cooley, TE; Washington. Jacoby Jones, WR; Houston. Jamaal Charles, RB; Kansas City. Jimmy Graham, TE; New Orleans.

Fourth round: Marion Barber, RB. Dallas. Owen Daniels, TE; Houston. Brandon Marshall, WR; Denver. Aaron Hernandez, TE; New England.

Fifth round:Michael Turner, RB; Atlanta. Johnny Knox, WR; Chicago.

Sixth round: Antonio Brown, WR; Pittsburgh

Seventh round: Marques Colston, WR; New Orleans.
    =================================================

See what I'm getting at, buddy?
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I love watching Jones play and he looks like the perfect ROLB which we don't have. But something tells me he might not be the pick because of his age/health.

What I do know is it's gonna be interesting to see who's on the board when we pick. I'm kinda expecting the unexpected.
    Age not a factor for the Steelers. He is actually one month younger than was Casey Hampton when he was drafted. And he has been medically cleared several times.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Notable offensive gems after the first round (starting at 2004):

Second round: Ray Rice, RB; Baltimore. Vincent Jackson, WR; San Diego. Greg Jennings, WR; Green Bay. Matt Forte, RB; Chicago, DeSean Jackson, WR; Philadelphia. Rob Gronkowski, TE; New England

Third round: Chris Cooley, TE; Washington. Jacoby Jones, WR; Houston. Jamaal Charles, RB; Kansas City. Jimmy Graham, TE; New Orleans.

Fourth round: Marion Barber, RB. Dallas. Owen Daniels, TE; Houston. Brandon Marshall, WR; Denver. Aaron Hernandez, TE; New England.

Fifth round:Michael Turner, RB; Atlanta. Johnny Knox, WR; Chicago.

Sixth round: Antonio Brown, WR; Pittsburgh

Seventh round: Marques Colston, WR; New Orleans.
    =================================================

See what I'm getting at, buddy?
    I see it and I agree... people act like you must pick Eifert in the first or all is lost on offense. We can get a LB or Safety in the first... then stack up on O in the latter rounds.

Eifert is not THAT much better than Ertz or Escobar...

I also forgot about the RB from Stanford... there are tons of weapons in laters rounds for the O so I have no problem going D in round 1. However, I will be furious if we go heavy on D this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You're CRAZY. I would be happy if we got Eifert, or AUSTIN, or even one of those Guards that we don't need, but I really don't think it can be argued that O is our bigger need. Our D may be ranked #1, but anyone who watched this team over the past couple years can see the huge deficiency when it comes to playmaking (on our D). The onus for that, must be taken off the shoulders of guys like Polamalu (thereby relieving pressure off him and making him more productive again). We need an injection of youth on D.
    I've been on this board for almost as long as you and you're just now figuring that out?

That said, the Offense was mediocre at best last year and has had a blood-letting of starting talent in the off-season. IMO, the D would still be top 10 this year even if we didn't pick a single defensive player in this draft. I'm not advocating that, I'm just saying that I would be fine with using the premium picks for guys that make this Offense hum. While we need some depth, we don't really need big uglies like we have in the past. We need weapons, IMO.

This year seems to be the Defenses turn to get the top pick, and I can be cool with that. It's not like Colbert is calling me for advice or anything.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've been on this board for almost as long as you and you're just now figuring that out?

That said, the Offense was mediocre at best last year and has had a blood-letting of starting talent in the off-season. IMO, the D would still be top 10 this year even if we didn't pick a single defensive player in this draft. I'm not advocating that, I'm just saying that I would be fine with using the premium picks for guys that make this Offense hum. While we need some depth, we don't really need big uglies like we have in the past. We need weapons, IMO.

This year seems to be the Defenses turn to get the top pick, and I can be cool with that. It's not like Colbert is calling me for advice or anything.
    Other than Wallace what impact starter have we let walk? Mendenhall was a guy we benched. His only impact is his dance ability, foot in mouth remarks, and fumbling. I don't see any players with any sort of impact, other than wallace, that left. I like taking a playmaking TE. Just not so much in the first. I don't see a huge separation between Eifert and Ertz. On defense I'd say we've had a blood letting. And I'd also say that AGE is catching up to us. Lewis, Jimmy Hate, and snack were all starters. Letting our top two backups at safety walk means we're one injury away from Robert Golden at safety.
    That's why I'm actually hoping for a Vacarro, Minter, Kelce, McCray (OLB from UF), Lattimore kind of draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Other than Wallace what impact starter have we let walk? Mendenhall was a guy we benched. His only impact is his dance ability, foot in mouth remarks, and fumbling. I don't see any players with any sort of impact, other than wallace, that left. I like taking a playmaking TE. Just not so much in the first. I don't see a huge separation between Eifert and Ertz. On defense I'd say we've had a blood letting. And I'd also say that AGE is catching up to us. Lewis, Jimmy Hate, and snack were all starters. Letting our top two backups at safety walk means we're one injury away from Robert Golden at safety.
    That's why I'm actually hoping for a Vacarro, Minter, Kelce, McCray (OLB from UF), Lattimore kind of draft.

McCray is James harrison clone. I hope Steelers draft him.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT