Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Correct Smythe If He's Wrong About Jarvis Jones........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Correct Smythe If He's Wrong About Jarvis Jones........

Correct Smythe If He's Wrong About Jarvis Jones...........but is there really a difference between He and Lawrence Timmons?? I've watched his highlight film and he seems like a pursuit guy but I really don't see someone who's a true pass rusher.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Correct Smythe If He's Wrong About Jarvis Jones...........but is there really a difference between He and Lawrence Timmons?? I've watched his highlight film and he seems like a pursuit guy but I really don't see someone who's a true pass rusher.
    Ok then explain the 28 sacks in the SEC over the past two years? I think that right there is the epitome of a true pass rusher.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Ok then explain the 28 sacks in the SEC over the past two years? I think that right there is the epitome of a true pass rusher.
    I'm just not a big stats guy. David Pollack had more sacks than him and that didn't mean anything going into the NFL. I see Jones have great pursuit but as for straight up rushing the passer I just don't see it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm just not a big stats guy. David Pollack had more sacks than him and that didn't mean anything going into the NFL. I see Jones have great pursuit but as for straight up rushing the passer I just don't see it.
    First of all, when David Pollack played in the SEC, the SEC wasn't what it is today...the best conference in all of college football. Not even close. Second, ignoring the stats in this case ignores the fact that Jones was getting to the QB at an elite level. Sacks are a direct result of ones pass rush ability, and 28 over two seasons plus 44 tackles for loss says that Jarvis is causing major havoc. So how one can come away that he doesn't have above average pass rush skills is beyond me. What are the opposing blockers and QB's doing? Laying down? Oh and Jarvis Jones also added 7 forced fumbles last season. He is a beast no matter what pone thinks of his pass rush skills. And you get him in LeBeau's system and I gotta believe he will be even better.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

and btw, that is a really cool sig pic of Jarvis Jones!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dude, I LOVE that picture of Jarvis Jones...may I use that as well?
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sid, I won't say that you're gonna be wrong about him. But the dude can flat out play and would be as ready as anyone on the roster to fill the hole left by Deebo's departure if selected.

I remember when we drafted Timmons that I felt he was gonna need 3 years or so to get his legs under him because the Steelers drafted him as an underclassman. Sure enough, it took him at least that long to figure things out, and now he is poised to be one of the next great, dominant LBs in the league. I'm glad he proved me wrong and I'm sure Jarvis Jones will eventually do that to his naysayers.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

Jones is the next great NFL pass rusher.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He is damn good coming off the edge, so as a pure pass rusher yes I think he fills the bill. This kid was a top 5 pick months ago until they discovered his medical history. If any team can get past the medical concerns they probably have a good football player who will cause havoc on QB's and creating turnovers.

I hear teams like the Saints and Jets are interested in him, so there is no guarantee he falls to us.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OK ... gotta make sure everyone is hearing where I am coming from. I'm not saying JONES will be a bust, etc. I think the guys motor is amazing and I will admit he's gotta better 1st step than Timmons. BUT is he a 15plus sack guy at Weakside OLB or is he more of a tweener like TIMMONS?? Timmons can play ball in the NFL, just not at LOLB.