Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Loves Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Harrison Loves Steelers

Just to be balanced Harrison says he doesn't hate Steelers

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9202801/cincinnati-bengals-make-james-harrison-addition-official[/URL]

Still think we were right to get rid of him and he was wrong to turn down $4M from us.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's interesting that he'll still live in Pittsburgh. The economics didn't work out for the Steelers to keep him. However, this also makes a division rival even stronger than they were last year.

It also looks like he hasn't lost his "blue collar" style: "The Bengals were impressed when he visited Cincinnati for a workout."He came in here and had a great visit and kind of bared his soul on things to us," Lewis said. "I think it showed really the kind of person he was for us. That was great. [He] worked on the field for us, which not a lot of guys at this point in his career would be willing to do that."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It's interesting that he'll still live in Pittsburgh. The economics didn't work out for the Steelers to keep him. However, this also makes a division rival even stronger than they were last year.

It also looks like he hasn't lost his "blue collar" style: "The Bengals were impressed when he visited Cincinnati for a workout."He came in here and had a great visit and kind of bared his soul on things to us," Lewis said. "I think it showed really the kind of person he was for us. That was great. [
    "Bared his soul......in a way that REALLY IMMPRESSED the Bengals?

"The Steelers cut me......I promise you that NOBODY you have ever had will be more dedicated to sweeping the Steelers and winning this division than I am"

Do I believe he does not hate the Steelers? Sure. His teamates and coaches and the fans who love him. Sure I get it. He lives in Pittburgh, why become "the enemy".
    Do I believe he will want ALL OF THOSE PARTIES to regret the day he was released by putting a royal whoopin on us?
    Do I believe beating us will mean more to him then say beating the Ravens?
    Yes to all the above?

Now regardless of whether he crushes us fans will hold less animosity, "he is just doing his job" we will say when he puts up his biggest numbers against us.

If I were cut I would not "hate" the team, but I would "resent" management for doing it EVEN IF I UNDERSTOOD THE LOGIC.

Do I believe him saying: "I don't have a chip on my shoulder against the Steelers?"

Sure, I believe him.......to call it a mere "chip" is an understatement
    Dude will be hauling a stinkin SEQOUIA on his shoulder.

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-23-2013 at 04:28 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

James Harrison: Sid Bream Part Deux?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wonder what happens if Cincy cuts him and he ends up in Cleveland? Would Cleveland then sweep the division?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Wonder what happens if Cincy cuts him and he ends up in Cleveland? Would Cleveland then sweep the division?
    It's a funny world, you never know what's gonna happen.

My B&G #92 Jersey stays where it is in my closet ...

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    It's a funny world, you never know what's gonna happen.

My B&G #92 Jersey stays where it is in my closet ...

The last time I wore my #92 jersey was at the AFC Championship game vs the Jets. It looks like that will be the last time ever.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    The last time I wore my #92 jersey was at the AFC Championship game vs the Jets. It looks like that will be the last time ever.
    You can get it back out after he retires. I always wear my old jerseys like Mean Joe, etc.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You can get it back out after he retires. I always wear my old jerseys like Mean Joe, etc.
    If its a replica jersey, you can cut the name patch off the back, did it with my 92 Gildon jersey.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm actually looking to see if I can now get a Harrison Steelers jersey cheap now that he's gone. No one can take what he did for this team away from me, so I'd proudly wear his Steelers jersey.