Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Calling my shot right now: Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State

  1. #31
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I have no clue to who the Steelers will take at 17 but I had Xavier Rhodes picked months ago on my mock which means the Steelers probably won't select him or he will be gone already.
    It always seems to work out that way, lol.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

  2. #32
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I'm quite the opposite of an apologist when it come to Tenn. Football, but that's not what we are talking about.

    you have zero facts about justin hunter being a weed head and having poor character. If you did, you would provide them. Quit trying to turn the discussion towards rogers and patterson as it makes you look even more foolish.

    instead, cite some evidence to back up your claim of hunter having all of these problems nobody else has ever heard of.
    Never said I had any media proof to offer you. I've talked to people I still know in TN. That program was a mess through and through. And it was mostly the QB and WR's that were weed heads and divas.

    No thank you to any of them. Hunter is a no no for me in the first round. A talented weed head, but still a no no for me.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  3. #33
    you're full of it.

    I know you paint yourself as some wannabe scout, but assaulting some kids character with no evidence or any semblance of proof is pretty low, IMO.

  4. #34
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,384
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Never said I had any media proof to offer you. I've talked to people I still know in TN. That program was a mess through and through. And it was mostly the QB and WR's that were weed heads and divas.

    No thank you to any of them. Hunter is a no no for me in the first round. A talented weed head, but still a no no for me.
    Interesting to hear. I've heard he was the most liked player on the team and he worked extra hard to come back from a torn ACL fast his sophmore year. And he was really productive his junior year. And from what I've heard, it's the high quality NFL programs that are interested in him.

    The only concern I'm aware of re: Hunter is he's lanky and might struggle against press coverage initially. Although I think he's a smart kid because they moved him around from the outside into the slot and he was productive.

    Plus, he's too skinny to be a pot head. This kid needs to eat.

  5. #35
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you're full of it.

    I know you paint yourself as some wannabe scout, but assaulting some kids character with no evidence or any semblance of proof is pretty low, IMO.
    Ha ha, yep your no "Big Orange" apologist.

    I'm comfortable with what I know about that program and the type of kids that made their way through that program over the past 5 years. I'm just offering my opinion. Not saying it has any inherent worth for you. I know yours doesn't offer anything for me.

    Never claimed to be a scout. Just know what I've been told and seen from people I know. I'm sure you have people you trust when they tell you things. I don't have to trust yours and you don't have to trust mine.

    I'm just saying he won't be the pick, and I don't want him to be the pick.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  6. #36
    I certainly wouldn't trust anything you have to say. Its obvious you made a boneheaded and asinine statement about justin hunters character with no basis in fact. Otherwise you would try and back it up. Not surprisingly, you can't.

    justin hunter doesn't have any character red flags. You should just admit that you made it up because you don't want him to be the steelers selection, but we both know you won't do it.

    I gurantee that you won't hear one solitary word about character issues when justin hunters name is called.

  7. #37
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I certainly wouldn't trust anything you have to say. Its obvious you made a boneheaded and asinine statement about justin hunters character with no basis in fact. Otherwise you would try and back it up. Not surprisingly, you can't.

    justin hunter doesn't have any character red flags. You should just admit that you made it up because you don't want him to be the steelers selection, but we both know you won't do it.

    I gurantee that you won't hear one solitary word about character issues when justin hunters name is called.
    Your funny. Mention your blessed "Big Orange" nation and that mess of a program and you lose your mind.

    I don't really care what you think of me or my opinions. I don't write them for you or whether you think they're worth anything.

    I said that "I" didn't want Justin Hunter because I have spoken with people that follow the program very closely and I trust what they have told me about that program over the last five years and those three receivers.

    I didn't say they were scouts, coaches, or GM's. NFL teams take boneheads all of the time. I just said that he was a no no for me. People keep comparing him to Randy Moss. Hunter is more Limas Sweed than Randy Moss (unless you want to compare their weed habits).

    Funny how you're not a Big Orange apologist, but you sure do get up in arms about a player by all accounts you don't know personally.

    Like I said, just my opinion about him and whether I want him as a Steeler. Obviously, Colbert and Tomlin will be picking and they will, of course, base their pick on their opinions.

    And that is the last I'm saying about it. I'm sure you'll want the last word. Have at it.
    Last edited by BigRob; 04-24-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  8. #38
    yeah, I've lost my mind. Maybe using more smiley faces will help prove your point.

    I only said you look like a fool for saying hunter has character issues when he doesn't. Maybe you shouldn't say stupid things without the ability to back them up in the future.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •