Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers don't expect instant 'impact' rookie

Legend

User Info Menu

There was a rumor last year before Spence's injury that he had a chance to start last season on D.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hate the bar is set low attitude

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Yeah...pointing out facts...how horrendous.
    There is a difference between "fact" and "opinion"...

Facts can't be disputed. Your opinion can.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And the results will be the results when we miss the play offs next year too.
    I kinda hope that Lebeau lives to 120 and coaches until he is 115. Mainly, because I think your head would explode and that might be slightly entertaining to watch.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Correct. The point being is he got the chance to play and did very well. My point is that we don't give these guys time to develop by giving them chances to play yet when they do, at least on the offense, they all seem to do well.
    ..and how good is the offense compared to the D?

I know you hate our D but it's pretty hard to crack the lineup when they are a top 5 bunch... and yes, I know we need more TO's.

The offense though... sucks.

Gilbert didn't do well.... he fell on half the team and NEVER finished a game. This is my issue with the "look at the offense when you put the young guys in"

The offense is offensive... so getting in and contributing to a 21st ranked O shouldn't be applauded while bashing a D that is top 5 EVERY YEAR.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you factor in the injuries we had to our top players like Troy missing most of the season, Harrison, Woodley and later Ike missing time, plus average play from our D-line LeBeau did a remarkable job. The thing is he's no one year wonder, LeBeau is consistent with his defense for many years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I kinda hope that Lebeau lives to 120 and coaches until he is 115. Mainly, because I think your head would explode and that might be slightly entertaining to watch.
    I hope he lives forever. It will give me lots of material to post about.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ..and how good is the offense compared to the D?

I know you hate our D but it's pretty hard to crack the lineup when they are a top 5 bunch... and yes, I know we need more TO's.

The offense though... sucks.

Gilbert didn't do well.... he fell on half the team and NEVER finished a game. This is my issue with the "look at the offense when you put the young guys in"

The offense is offensive... so getting in and contributing to a 21st ranked O shouldn't be applauded while bashing a D that is top 5 EVERY YEAR.
    So you agree we should heavily draft for offense to improve our "sucky" offense? If so we agree completely.

Eifert in Round 1.!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

So you agree we should heavily draft for offense to improve our "sucky" offense? If so we agree completely.

Eifert in Round 1.!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes to O.. no to Eifert.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Eifert could end up being the wild card pick, if so I wouldn't mind.