Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
"Quite honestly, I don't envision anybody coming in and being an impact in Year 1," Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said at Monday's pre-draft news conference. "I never do because I think there is always a growing process that has to occur."

Yeah, do you read yours? Above is the quote I initially commented on and was ripped apart over. I haven't swayed from commenting on the above words. He doesn't envision anyone coming in and being an impact player. As I pointed out, 4 of our last 9 first rounders have had big impacts. Ben, Santonio, Heath, and Pouncey all had huge impacts their rookie years. Then he states that a growing process HAS to occur. Tell me what growing process the above named 4 players HAD to go through on their way to having very productive and very impactful rookie seasons...
OMG... lets try this again but I really think Avonworth screwed you over in reading comp...

The guy is saying he doesn't expect rookies to have an impact in year 1. He isn't say it isn't possible. All he is saying is he doesn't envision, expect, see, etc... rookies having an impact in year 1. He never said it doesn't happen... he never said it won't happen. All he is saying is he keeps expectations low because he feels like players get better as they grow in our system.

You avi photo makes perfect sense... lol.