Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91

Thread: Steelers don't expect instant 'impact' rookie

  1. #61
    I wouldn't even call Eifert a wild card. I think Eifert is clearly a front 3 guy in the minds of the Steelers. He makes an impact day 1, gives a 2 TE look or takes over for a Miller who might not ever be the same. In my mind the Steelers draft board looks as follows

    Jones
    Vaccaro
    Eifert
    Lacy

    keeping in mind a freak doesnt fall.

  2. #62
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I wouldn't even call Eifert a wild card. I think Eifert is clearly a front 3 guy in the minds of the Steelers. He makes an impact day 1, gives a 2 TE look or takes over for a Miller who might not ever be the same. In my mind the Steelers draft board looks as follows

    Jones
    Vaccaro
    Eifert
    Lacy

    keeping in mind a freak doesnt fall.

    I said wild card because I think most fans don't think the Steelers would take a TE in round one, the Steelers may have different idea's and as you said Eifert is probably on their list. Bouchette has Jones, Eifert, and Vacarro as the front runners.
    As for the highlighted sentence, I concur!

  3. #63
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,199
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I said wild card because I think most fans don't think the Steelers would take a TE in round one, the Steelers may have different idea's and as you said Eifert is probably on their list. Bouchette has Jones, Eifert, and Vacarro as the front runners.
    As for the highlighted sentence, I concur!

    You mean wouldn't take a TE in Rd 1 like they didn't take Heath Miller or Eric Green
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #64
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    There is a difference between "fact" and "opinion"...

    Facts can't be disputed. Your opinion can.
    So I commented on the exact words that came out of the guys mouth and used facts that 4 of 9 players had a big impact on the teams their first year. All facts. All of you are throwing your 'opinions' out there on what Colbert 'really meant' by putting words in his mouth.
    @_Hellgrammite

  5. #65
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Ovi, I would take Eifert in a heatbeat, I feel he's a good prospect that will help our team right away and into the future.
    I see you have him at 17 in your mock......good choice!

  6. #66
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,199
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Ovi, I would take Eifert in a heatbeat, I feel he's a good prospect that will help our team right away and into the future.
    I see you have him at 17 in your mock......good choice!
    I strongly feel he would be an outstanding pick
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #67
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You mean wouldn't take a TE in Rd 1 like they didn't take Heath Miller or Eric Green
    Did they have 4 TE's on the team when they drafted Miller or Greene? Did they lose their best WR, best OLB, RB, CB, NT that same year?

    Not saying it can't happen but I can see why some (myself included) don't think we will go TE in the first.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    All of you are throwing your 'opinions' out there on what Colbert 'really meant' by putting words in his mouth.
    Are you seriously saying this?!? Do you even read your posts?!?

  9. #69
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Are you seriously saying this?!? Do you even read your posts?!?
    shhh... the man is from Avonworth, it all makes sense now.


    I kid, I kid...

    Reminds me of the run more "effectively" debate we had on here for the last 2 years...

  10. #70
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Are you seriously saying this?!? Do you even read your posts?!?
    "Quite honestly, I don't envision anybody coming in and being an impact in Year 1," Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said at Monday's pre-draft news conference. "I never do because I think there is always a growing process that has to occur."

    Yeah, do you read yours? Above is the quote I initially commented on and was ripped apart over. I haven't swayed from commenting on the above words. He doesn't envision anyone coming in and being an impact player. As I pointed out, 4 of our last 9 first rounders have had big impacts. Ben, Santonio, Heath, and Pouncey all had huge impacts their rookie years. Then he states that a growing process HAS to occur. Tell me what growing process the above named 4 players HAD to go through on their way to having very productive and very impactful rookie seasons...
    @_Hellgrammite

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •