The 'Burgh Report @TheBurghReport 5m
Jarvis Jones says #Steelers won't pass on him if he's there at 17. Sounds similar to what they told Cameron Heyward in 2011 at 31.
Rara's 2014 NFL Mock Draft
1. Mike Evans, WR; Texas A&M
2. Kyle Fuller, CB; Virginia Tech
3b. Craig Loston, SS; LSU
4. Marcel Jensen, TE; Fresno State
5a. Daniel McCullers, DT; Tennessee
5b. Max Bullough, ILB; Michigan State
6. Kadeem Edwards, OG; Tennessee State
7. Derrell Johnson, OLB; East Carolina
I just don't think Colbert and Tomlin are going to come out and say, "We expect to draft two or three immediate starters this year". You would be putting a lot of pressure on yourself in the public and the veterans reactions would also cause a stir. Who are they trying to replace, etc, etc.
In all honesty, why even have a pre-draft meeting? All 32 pre-draft meetings probably went the same way: no information given and vague answers.
1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
2. Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech or Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
3. (comp) Jared Abbrederis WR Wisconsin or Jeremiah Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech
4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia or James Hurst OT North Carolina
5. Kenny Ladler FS Vanderbilt
5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
6. Ricardo Allen CB Purdue
7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska or Andrew Jackson ILB W. Kentucky
When you have a good team, as the Steelers generally do, and pick late, as the Steelers generally do, there is not a lot of opportunity for rookies. Plus, the coaches see these guys every day in practice. When they demand playing time through their performance, they make it onto the field. That seems preferable to handing the team over to rookies and hoping for the best.