Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers don't expect instant 'impact' rookie

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't even call Eifert a wild card. I think Eifert is clearly a front 3 guy in the minds of the Steelers. He makes an impact day 1, gives a 2 TE look or takes over for a Miller who might not ever be the same. In my mind the Steelers draft board looks as follows

Jones
    Vaccaro
    Eifert
    Lacy

keeping in mind a freak doesnt fall.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I wouldn't even call Eifert a wild card. I think Eifert is clearly a front 3 guy in the minds of the Steelers. He makes an impact day 1, gives a 2 TE look or takes over for a Miller who might not ever be the same. In my mind the Steelers draft board looks as follows

Jones
    Vaccaro
    Eifert
    Lacy

keeping in mind a freak doesnt fall.

I said wild card because I think most fans don't think the Steelers would take a TE in round one, the Steelers may have different idea's and as you said Eifert is probably on their list. Bouchette has Jones, Eifert, and Vacarro as the front runners.
    As for the highlighted sentence, I concur!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I said wild card because I think most fans don't think the Steelers would take a TE in round one, the Steelers may have different idea's and as you said Eifert is probably on their list. Bouchette has Jones, Eifert, and Vacarro as the front runners.
    As for the highlighted sentence, I concur!

You mean wouldn't take a TE in Rd 1 like they didn't take Heath Miller or Eric Green
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    There is a difference between "fact" and "opinion"...

Facts can't be disputed. Your opinion can.
    So I commented on the exact words that came out of the guys mouth and used facts that 4 of 9 players had a big impact on the teams their first year. All facts. All of you are throwing your 'opinions' out there on what Colbert 'really meant' by putting words in his mouth.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ovi, I would take Eifert in a heatbeat, I feel he's a good prospect that will help our team right away and into the future.
    I see you have him at 17 in your mock......good choice!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Ovi, I would take Eifert in a heatbeat, I feel he's a good prospect that will help our team right away and into the future.
    I see you have him at 17 in your mock......good choice!
    I strongly feel he would be an outstanding pick
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You mean wouldn't take a TE in Rd 1 like they didn't take Heath Miller or Eric Green
    Did they have 4 TE's on the team when they drafted Miller or Greene? Did they lose their best WR, best OLB, RB, CB, NT that same year?

Not saying it can't happen but I can see why some (myself included) don't think we will go TE in the first.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    All of you are throwing your 'opinions' out there on what Colbert 'really meant' by putting words in his mouth.
    Are you seriously saying this?!? Do you even read your posts?!?

Legend

User Info Menu

shhh... the man is from Avonworth, it all makes sense now.

I kid, I kid...

Reminds me of the run more "effectively" debate we had on here for the last 2 years...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"Quite honestly, I don't envision anybody coming in and being an impact in Year 1," Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said at Monday's pre-draft news conference. "I never do because I think there is always a growing process that has to occur."

Yeah, do you read yours? Above is the quote I initially commented on and was ripped apart over. I haven't swayed from commenting on the above words. He doesn't envision anyone coming in and being an impact player. As I pointed out, 4 of our last 9 first rounders have had big impacts. Ben, Santonio, Heath, and Pouncey all had huge impacts their rookie years. Then he states that a growing process HAS to occur. Tell me what growing process the above named 4 players HAD to go through on their way to having very productive and very impactful rookie seasons...
    @_Hellgrammite