Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noll players that Bill received.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Terrific. I think you could argue that Bill left Tomlin better players. It's not like Noll left Bradshaw for example.
    Cowher inherited two Hall of Fame players, one on each side of the ball, among other...

Dawson and Woodson...

It remains to be seen if Tomlin inherited any...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Cowher inherited two Hall of Fame players, one on each side of the ball, among other...

Dawson and Woodson...

It remains to be seen if Tomlin inherited any...
    He could easily have 3 in Ben, Hines and Troy, with a DPOY in Harrison as an added bonus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He could easily have 3 in Ben, Hines and Troy, with a DPOY in Harrison as an added bonus.
    If harrison is HOF then Loyld is and no way is Hines other receivers with more yards, catches and td who is not.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    If harrison is HOF then Loyld is and no way is Hines other receivers with more yards, catches and td who is not.
    I didn't say that Harrison was a HOF. I think Hines eventually has a shot. Not as a first ballot HOF player certainly, but I could see him eventually gaining admission.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He could, but that hasn't been determined...

As for Harrison, if it had been up to Cowher, he would never have played...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    He could, but that hasn't been determined...

As for Harrison, if it had been up to Cowher, he would never have played...
    Pure speculation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Either you are too young or was not a Steeler fan until late, but it's clear Bill was left with the better squad by Far. the only thing missing was a QB. but Billy loved Korky so much he kept him way too long.
    Not sure this makes your case.

Cowher left a much better team. Ben, Heath, Hines, Santonio, Faneca, Smith, Starks, Casey, Aaron, Brett, Hokie, Porter, Harrison, Farrior, Foote, Troy, Clark, Ike, FWP

In fact, Tomlin quickly won a SuperBowl with the key holdovers and put together one of the best defensive performances in NFL history with these leftovers.

Steelers history in its entirety reminds us that QB + Defense = Championships. Noll had it in the 70s. Cowher had it at the end of his career. Tomlin had it at the beginning of his tenure. But Noll did not hand off this formula to Cowher.

Legend

User Info Menu

Faneca is a sure thing + Hampton was the best 3-4 NT ever and Smitty was the best 3-4 DE of all time. Not sure if the HOF will recognize the last 2.

Legend

User Info Menu

cowher wasnt hired because he was white

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    cowher wasnt hired because he was white
    Neither was Tomlin,
    To me that's a moronic statement, If you owned a billion dollars business would you jeopardize that + winning SBs in the process just for a quota. If you really think that your mind is very blank.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]