Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Noll players that Bill received.

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,160

    Noll players that Bill received.

    Gary Anderson
    D Dawson
    Barry Foster
    Eric Green
    M Hoge
    John Jackson
    L Kirkland
    C Lake
    Ernie Mills
    Hardy Nickerson
    Darren Perry
    Leon Sercy
    Joel Steed
    Yancey Thigpen
    Rod Woodson
    just to name a few, so we can put this to rest about Tomlin taking Cowhers players.
    Old Bill had an allstar squad. And still choked away AFCCG.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,852
    But Cowher yelled and spit on people just like high school coaches do. That alone made him better.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,160
    I also forgot
    T Everrete
    Loius Lipps
    David little

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I also forgot
    T Everrete
    Loius Lipps
    David little
    But Bill was tough and yelled and made grown men scared. That made the difference...in him becoming an attention whore more and more each year.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    But Bill was tough and yelled and made grown men scared. That made the difference...in him becoming an attention whore more and more each year.
    I'm waiting for the Tomlin haters to respond.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,460
    Terrific. I think you could argue that Bill left Tomlin better players. It's not like Noll left Bradshaw for example.

    The other thing is Bill eventually got into a groove and started drafting his own great players. Tomlin still needs to work on that.

    Our drafting crew goes from:

    Bill - Dan - Colbert

    to

    Mike - Art - Colbert

    Throw out Colbert who doesn't seem to make a difference and it either comes down to Tomlin or Art need to get better at drafting. Can they do it? Will Dan being back from Ireland help? Or are we still drafting the same, but coaching differently?

    There's a point where this has become Tomlin's team and they are in a current awkward state for the Steelers. I like Tomlin, but sometimes the same things I like about him might be the same things holding him back?

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Terrific. I think you could argue that Bill left Tomlin better players. It's not like Noll left Bradshaw for example.

    The other thing is Bill eventually got into a groove and started drafting his own great players. Tomlin still needs to work on that.

    Our drafting crew goes from:

    Bill - Dan - Colbert

    to

    Mike - Art - Colbert

    Throw out Colbert who doesn't seem to make a difference and it either comes down to Tomlin or Art need to get better at drafting. Can they do it? Will Dan being back from Ireland help? Or are we still drafting the same, but coaching differently?

    There's a point where this has become Tomlin's team and they are in a current awkward state for the Steelers. I like Tomlin, but sometimes the same things I like about him might be the same things holding him back?
    Either you are too young or was not a Steeler fan until late, but it's clear Bill was left with the better squad by Far. the only thing missing was a QB. but Billy loved Korky so much he kept him way too long.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Either you are too young or was not a Steeler fan until late, but it's clear Bill was left with the better squad by Far. the only thing missing was a QB. but Billy loved Korky so much he kept him way too long.
    Bill never trusted any QB. He just wanted to hand off the football and play defense.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,160
    I agree Ov

  10. #10
    I don't understand why you have to be a "Tomlin hater" to question the first round picks in his era.

    So Noll left Cowher a bunch of very good players. Cowher then left Tomlin a group that was a year removed from a SB. He also left a franchise QB who was not being paid like a franchise QB at the time.

    The Steelers happened to struggle last year, the same year as Farrior, Smith and Ward left the roster. Tomlin, for the second time in his career, found a team in a downward spiral and responded with empty cliches. Will the Steelers bounce back again next year, or keep unleashing hell?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •