View Poll Results: Which of these guys would you love to see drop to 1.17?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joeckel

2 25.00%
  • Fisher

2 25.00%
  • Milliner

0 0%
  • Ansah

2 25.00%
  • Lotulelei

2 25.00%
  • Jordan

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wh o would you like to see fall?

Legend

User Info Menu

Wh o would you like to see fall?

Over the past few years, we have ended up a couple of times with a player who nobody thought would fall to us.

In 2008 it was Mendenall
    Last year it was Decastro

In the mocks leading up to this draft, several prospects who were originally tabbed high have fallen way down....Jarvis Jones, Bjoern Werner all seem to have fallen to 17 and beyond.

Who would you just love to be shocked to see sitting at 17 when the Steelers hit the board? Is it one of the top three tackles? Every 3-4 needs a fat guy in the middle so what about Lotulelei? Ansah, whose meteoric rise up the draft board seems to be what dropped Jarvis Jones to the 17 spot in many mocks? Dion Jordan, a CB like Milliner?

I would grab one of the top tackles, don't know which. Even though OT is not one of the positions of immediate need, and we have two potential and unproven starters already, I would love the plug and play type who you expect to build your entire line around for the next ten years.
    Last edited by steeler_fan_in_t.o.; 04-22-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

ive seen womack drop to us and past in a few mock drafts

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    ive seen womack drop to us and past in a few mock drafts
    I'd jump at Warmack. Great 10 year player and it would be fun to watch so many on the board have their heads explode
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I could see either Warmack or Cooper falling to 17. Either guy would be BPA, but I'm not sure about allocating so many first round picks to interior lineman. If these guys all pan out, then you are all but guaranteed of not being able to extend Pouncy, DD and Warmack/Cooper. And as we've seen this year, not getting a second contract out of a first round pick can really set a franchise back.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'll have the fat guy, thanks. It is a passing game/ pass rush league. The way you beat a Brady is by getting a push in his face, and Lotulelei promises to be a 3 down D lineman who can collapse the pocket AND stop the run. Conversely, the 2012 playoffs showed how lack of pass rush by opponents can turn a mediocre quarterback into a $20 million a year player... and the thing that Indy, Denver, New England, and San Fran had in common was that, regardless of how good their outside rush guys were, they weren't generally good enough at getting the inside push. In San Fran's case, that was due to Justin Smith playing the game with one arm taped to his chest, but the others simply didn't have much inside up front. If we can get that guy, I think the whole dynamic of our D changes.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd be happy with any of those guys, but voted for Fisher as my top option. I think he has a higher celiing than Joeckel. Would replace Fat Gilbert from day one and give us a legit LT to protect Ben's blind side.

Fisher-Foster-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams with Beachum and Gilbert as gameday backups sounds pretty good to me.

Of course, it has as much a chance of happening as flippy ending up with Kate Upton, but we can all dream, can't we?

In order, I'd like:

1. Eric Fisher
    2. Luke Joeckel
    3. Star Lotulelei
    4. Dee Milliner
    5. Ziggy Ansah
    6. Dion Jordan
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The only guy in that list that would excite me if he fell would be Milliner. Since we made our investments at OTs I wouldn't be excited but that doesn't mean I wouldn't take Fisher or Joeckel if they fell.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I went with Luke Joeckel. Securing the LT spot would be a huge, huge benefit to the offense. Any of them would be great though.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'd be happy with any of those guys, but voted for Fisher as my top option. I think he has a higher celiing than Joeckel. Would replace Fat Gilbert from day one and give us a legit LT to protect Ben's blind side.

Fisher-Foster-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams with Beachum and Gilbert as gameday backups sounds pretty good to me.

Of course, it has as much a chance of happening as flippy ending up with Kate Upton, but we can all dream, can't we?

In order, I'd like:

1. Kate Upton
    2. Eric Fisher
    3. Luke Joeckel
    4. Star Lotulelei
    5. Dee Milliner
    6. Ziggy Ansah
    7. Dion Jordan
    fixed it for you

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

So you're saying it's possible. crosses fingers hoping God is smiling down on me today oh and the Steelers too.