Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: friendly contest on our draft selections?

Legend

User Info Menu

friendly contest on our draft selections?

anyone interested in a little contest where we predict who we select in the draft?
    we could list 3-5 guys for the first couple rounders. maybe add a few more for the middle round and a few more for the late rounds?
    could also incorporate points for getting the position correct in each round.
    im game for any idea you could come up with.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    anyone interested in a little contest where we predict who we select in the draft?
    we could list 3-5 guys for the first couple rounders. maybe add a few more for the middle round and a few more for the late rounds?
    could also incorporate points for getting the position correct in each round.
    im game for any idea you could come up with.
    Id be game but we might need someone like LonBull to come up with the ultimate scoring system.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Id be game but we might need someone like LonBull to come up with the ultimate scoring system.

agreed. im quite computer illiterate when it comes to setting up polls, providing links etc.

any thoughts on how you would like to do it?

Legend

User Info Menu

count me in if you figure out a way to do it...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm 'game'.....haaaahaaaaahaaaaa
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

for starters, how about selecting 5 players for each round.
    a correct pick will be awarded the point(s) of the round where the player was selected. (first round worth 1 point, second round worth 2 points etc.)
    1 point for a player drafted but not in the round you predicted.
    list 7 positions(1 for each round). receive 1 point for correctly guessing what position the steelers draft in that round.

thoughts?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    for starters, how about selecting 5 players for each round.
    a correct pick will be awarded the point(s) of the round where the player was selected. (first round worth 1 point, second round worth 2 points etc.)
    1 point for a player drafted but not in the round you predicted.
    list 7 positions(1 for each round). receive 1 point for correctly guessing what position the steelers draft in that round.

thoughts?
    Just to clarify, you can score two ways? One by the player and one for the position picked in each round. So you would have two lists, one list of five players for each round and another guessing at the position for each round. I can dig it.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Just to clarify, you can score two ways? One by the player and one for the position picked in each round. So you would have two lists, one list of five players for each round and another guessing at the position for each round. I can dig it.
    Would we need 2 positions for the 6th round since we have a comp pick as well?

And how specific do we need to be regarding position (for instance, do we need to go with ILB or OLB, FS or SS, DE or NT, OT or OG or C, HB or FB....or could we just say LB, S, DL, OL, RB)?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Would we need 2 positions for the 6th round since we have a comp pick as well?

And how specific do we need to be regarding position (for instance, do we need to go with ILB or OLB, FS or SS, DE or NT, OT or OG or C, HB or FB....or could we just say LB, S, DL, OL, RB)?

im up for whatever you guys want to do.
    i like the rb, lb, db dl idea.
    i would think just one list of 5 players for round 6. seeing that we could trade up or down, we may have more or less picks in each round.
    i would think we could put the same guy in multiple rounds if we wanted too also.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post

yup.......