Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At this point, the one potential 1st round player I don't want drafted is...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

At this point, the one potential 1st round player I don't want drafted is...

Everyone feel free to fill in the rest of that sentence.

For me....

Cordarelle Patterson.

Body catches just about everything, and put up all his stats against the worst teams. Also had top notch guys around him to draw other coverage, making those poor games look even worse.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/532092/cordarrelle-patterson[/URL]

I see no reason why this guy is considered a 1st round player, much less a top 20 guy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree. I also would not condone Lacey for those considering it.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

For me:

Tyler Eifert

or

Cordorelle Patterson

or

Man-Ti Tao

Please do not draft any of the above mentioned in the first round.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I agree. I also would not condone Lacey for those considering it.
    I guess I would say Lacy.

BUT... at this point, if they honestly took Eddie Lacy, I think I would convince myself and eventually learn to love it (i.e. hype him incessantly to my non-Steeler friends) and here's why: EVERYONE and their mother knows that RBs are $.10/dozen. So if the FO chose to take him, it would lead me to think that he is something very special--worthy to spend a 1st on when we can get value way down the board. It would say to me that they think the guy is a (e.g.) young Emmitt Smith or something.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendenhall was abused by fans for his reliance on the spin move...he became Spindenhall. Well, Lacy uses the spin move more than Mendenhall ever did. I think he's more in the Mark Ingram mold of benefitting from a dominant Bama OL in college (but then behind Sproles, Thomas, and Ivory in the pros), than a special back in his own right like Trent Richardson.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-21-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Honey Badger or Tavon or any other talented midget

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm open to anyone, but I would prefer to stay away from the OG, ILB, DB, OT, and WR positions. I'm hoping for Jones or Vacarro.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The best safety on the board, because of need, and to keep him out of Baltimore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman is pretty sure he'll find the good in just about whoever the Steelers pick.

that said, it'll be harder to find the positives if the Steelers draft..

Tyler Eifert, Eddie Lacy or Keenan Allen.

Not sure any of these guys are 'special'.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope we stay away from Jones.