Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chucktown's mock getting closer

Legend

User Info Menu

Chucktown's mock getting closer

Mock 1A:

Cooper #1 OG, Minter #2 ILB, Bell #3 RB, Lester #4 SS, Simon #5 LB, Hines #6 WR, Davis #7, FS

or

Mock 1B;

Jones #1 OLB, Elam #2 S, Bell #3 RB, Schwenke #4 C, Simon #5 LB, Hines #6 WR, Davis #7, FS

I would be happy with either version.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Backup

User Info Menu

Both look solid. Definitely like 1B. Not sure about burning another first round pick on a Guard. Steelers have already invested 1st and 2nd round picks in recent years to sure up the OL.

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't know you could draft Hines Ward out of retirement and move him to LB. We shoulda thought of that last year. Nice work Chuck!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I didn't know you could draft Hines Ward out of retirement and move him to LB. We shoulda thought of that last year. Nice work Chuck!

Omarius Hines - Very versatile WR out of Florida. The last versatile player names Hines out of the SEC didn't turn out too bad for the Steelers.

[URL]http://florida.247sports.com/Article/31-for-31-Omarius-Hines-WR-30958[/URL]

[URL]http://youtu.be/csm8IfZ5Z94[/URL]
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 04-21-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Omarius Hines - Very versatile WR out of Florida. The last versatile player names Hines out of the SEC didn't turn out too bad for the Steelers.

[URL]http://florida.247sports.com/Article/31-for-31-Omarius-Hines-WR-30958[/URL]

[URL]http://youtu.be/csm8IfZ5Z94[/URL]
    This kid looks interesting. Wonder why he didnt get the ball more despite his talent? Wonder if we could turn him into a RB/WR hybrid? That might be right up Haley's alley. Nice find.

Legend

User Info Menu

This kid looks interesting. Wonder why he didnt get the ball more despite his talent? Wonder if we could turn him into a RB/WR hybrid? That might be right up Haley's alley. Nice find.
    I don't know, but he could be a very versatile slash type player. The last versatile player named Hines we drafted from the SEC didn't turn out too bad. This kid was so good he had two numbers.

Backup

User Info Menu

The mess that Florida has had at QB the least two years has likely led to underutilization and undervaluation of any skill player coming out of there. They won a lot of low scoring games last year with young, inefficient quarterbacks by making plays on defense and minimizing the offensive mistakes. Not an environment where a WR can make a name for himself, but it was a place that managed to make Mike Gillislee a draftable commodity.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whoops, forgot the comp pick in the sixth round:

Mock 1A:

Cooper #1 OG, Minter #2 ILB, Bell #3 RB, Lester #4 SS, Simon #5 LB, Hines #6A WR, #6B Vince Williams, MLB, Davis #7, FS

or

Mock 1B;

Jones #1 OLB, Elam #2 S, Bell #3 RB, Schwenke #4 C, Simon #5 LB, Hines #6A WR, #6B Vince Williams, MLB, Davis #7, FS

I would be happy with either version.

Vince Williams showed up at the combine with Steeler ink on his arm. The Steelers notice things like that. I say he is drafted in the sixth round or invited to camp if he goes undrafted. A good special teamer that will add a little depth at ILB. Pretty good run support and is a thumper.

By the way, Hines was listed by Florida as: WR/RB/TE/HB/ATH
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 04-24-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I will be happy with both drafts but i would prefer a WR in higher rounds....

I am not convonced Ab84 is the real deal and Sanders might leave after next season...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT