Thread: Flippy Mock 2.0 - Dynasty Edition

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy Mock 2.0 - Dynasty Edition

1. Tyler Eifert - TE - ND - 6'6" - 250lbs - Red Zone production. Offense needs to score. Tyler immediately fixes this issue. Pair him up with Plax in the Red Zone and we've created matchup nightmares immediately. Gets even better once Heath is 100%.

2. Keenan Allen - WR - Cal - 6'2" - 206lbs - Let's get Ben a big physical target in the passing game. I considered Woods here too, but give Allen the slight edge because of his size.

3. David Amerson - CB/FS - NC State - 6'1 - 205lbs - No change from 1.0

4. Shmarko Thomas - SS - Syracuse - 5'9 - 215lbs - No change from 1.0

5. Marcus Lattimore - RB - 5'11" - 221lbs - No change from 1.0

6. Mike Mauti - ILB - 6'2" - 243lbs - Kid's a china doll, but lets roll the dice. Foote can hold down the fort for another couple years and we can see if we get a healthy Mauti or Spence going into next year or have to go get another LB next year. I like this kid's character.

6. Brad Wing - P - LSU - No change from 1.0

7. Brandon Kaufmann - WR - Eastern Washington - 6'5" - 216 - This kid is a baller who will upgrade our RZ Offense. He can go up and get any and everything. He's a TD machine that will give the Steelers everything they could get out of a Tyler Eifert as a WR.

Overall, I'd like to trade down and pick up a few more picks. I also think we can do some more damaget via UDFAs and would be surprised if we find 4-5 that make the team this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Thanks. I wanted to make sure this one was cogent because that and mutitudinous are the 2 words that I've never spoken from your boilerplate.

Now if I can only up it to multitudinously cogent, that will make all of my wildest dreams come true

Legend

User Info Menu

Great draft except for Lattimore. Just too much risk there.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not a huge Eifert guy, but if the Steelers came out of the draft with Eifert and Allen, I think I'd be pretty happy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Has there been any updates to K. Allen's alleged drug test failure? I haven't seen much on it since the first time the news broke. Too much water in the sample IIRC.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Great draft except for Lattimore. Just too much risk there.
    Lattimore and Mauti are both risks. But they're 5th and 6th rounders which seems to be an ok time to take a risk.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Has there been any updates to K. Allen's alleged drug test failure? I haven't seen much on it since the first time the news broke. Too much water in the sample IIRC.
    No clue, but then I'd just shoot for Woods in that slot. I'd also take Hunter if he were still available first out of all of those 3, but I think he'll be long gone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm not a huge Eifert guy, but if the Steelers came out of the draft with Eifert and Allen, I think I'd be pretty happy.
    I typically like a TE around the time we're picking. Typically not so much at 17. But this year is different. I'm not 100% sold on anyone who I think will be there at 17 and think Eifert might be the surest thing that avoids coming away with another first round fail.

We really shoulda won the SuperBowl last year considering the talent in the draft