Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers 1.17 becoming obvious

Backup

User Info Menu

Steelers 1.17 becoming obvious

Looking at the offense and the lack of play makers and TD scorers the pick at 1.17 becomes obvious. I'm sure the Steelers would love to pick Tavon Austin. Too bad he won't be there. However the next man up without any major issues or concerns is Tyler Eifert. It's not real sexy but it fills a huge need for now with Heath out and for the future. I like it.

Backup

User Info Menu

I could see them picking worse. If they get TE in the 1st, hopefully they will spend the bulk of the next 3-4 picks on Defense and RB.

Legend

User Info Menu

dont think its obvious but thats the guy i want.
    sure would eliminate the need to grab a wr early unless a good one fell

Legend

User Info Menu

The draft cant get here soon enough...

Legend

User Info Menu

It is certainly obvious that this board was sorely in need of yet another Eifert thread.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It is certainly obvious that this board was sorely in need of yet another Eifert thread.
    I know there is usually a guy the board locks in on, but I can't remember anyone getting more threads than eifert.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I know there is usually a guy the board locks in on, but I can't remember anyone getting more threads than eifert.
    I thin Crash had 15,000 posts about Antonio Bryant. Not complain, I liked him to being a Pitt kid.

In the pre board days, I remember everyone used to talk about wanting Dan Marino. That was the talk of the town.

I also remember a lot of people thinking the Steelers were crazy for letting Curtis Martin slip so far. Not sure if that was before the boards or not.

I think the last guy people talked this much about was Matt Jones.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Maybe his biggest fan should start an "Official Draft Tyler Eifert or Bust Thread" and everyone can repeat the same stuff over and over in the thread. They can call it whatever they want, just make sure it starts with the word Official.

Wait I'm not trying to encourage another thread

Legend

User Info Menu

The only thing obvious about the 17th pick is that there will be one.

This is one of the harder projections for the Steelers that Chadman has seen. Drafting Eifert, however, seems out of character for the Steelers as they tend to use early draft picks on players that will sit behind an older vet or a guy they plan on moving on within a couple of seasons. Despite Miller's serious injury, at 31 & coming off his best season in the NFL, he's neither an aged vet or moving on any time soon.

Which positions will the Steelers need to replace within the next couple of seasons?

CB, SS, FS, ILB.... WR, OG perhaps?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruthlessburgher View Post
    it is certainly obvious that this board was sorely in need of yet another eifert thread.
    image.jpg
    absolutely!
    @_Hellgrammite