Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Big 5

Legend

User Info Menu

The Big 5

I am going to say the Big 5 are Mingo, Womack, Cooper, Jones, and Patterson. My prediction (unless Mingo falls) the pick will be Jones. If not I would say Cooper or Patterson.

One of the players above will be our #1 pick.

C-town

Legend

User Info Menu

3 years ago the team invested a 2nd round pick in a pass rusher. Chadman suspects they'll give him a chance to win that ROLB spot before finding his replacement. On top of that, Jones is 24 years old. The Steelers 'tend' to look at the 20-22yo types. Mingo has some character concerns (immaturity) that might cause some concern for the Steelers...

Patterson Chadman gets. That said, it's a deep class at WR & Patterson is apparently a brick with a face.

The 2 OG's could be the pick, but what if the Steelers target a 'higher value' position like OT instead of OG? What if the 3rd or 4th best OT is on the board- like DJ Fluker, for example?

And when the Steelers drafted Lawrence Timmons way back when, they got an active, athletic LB. Every other ILB the Steelers have looked at has fit that mold- Sylvester, Spence- faster, athletic types. Arthur Brown is that type of player. And he isn't a character risk.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would say the big 5 would be Cooper, Eifert, Brown, a WR who they like, or unfortunately Vaccaro (bust imo). I don't know what it is this year but I'm having a hard time falling for guys like Patterson and Jones.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

My favorite move in this draft - Trade down... but, that's closely followed by taking Manti Te'o (I would LOVE to see the reaction on this board... pretty sure about half you guys would have a stroke).
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    My favorite move in this draft - Trade down... but, that's closely followed by taking Manti Te'o (I would LOVE to see the reaction on this board... pretty sure about half you guys would have a stroke).
    The FO should be talking to Minny and Atlanta both of whom have expressed an interest in trading up. Have the outlines of a deal in place and if the board falls the way they want pull the trigger.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Patterson Chadman gets. That said, it's a deep class at WR & Patterson is apparently a brick with a face.
    Now that's funny stuff!!!! LMAO!

8ED35FD8.jpg
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I am going to say the Big 5 are Mingo, Womack, Cooper, Jones, and Patterson. My prediction (unless Mingo falls) the pick will be Jones. If not I would say Cooper or Patterson.

One of the players above will be our #1 pick.

C-town
    I only see two of those...Jones and Mingo. I would have a really hard time believing the Steelers want to spend another first rounder on an interior lineman. And while Patterson is good, this is a very deep WR class.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

3 years ago the team invested a 2nd round pick in a pass rusher. Chadman suspects they'll give him a chance to win that ROLB spot before finding his replacement. On top of that, Jones is 24 years old. The Steelers 'tend' to look at the 20-22yo types. Mingo has some character concerns (immaturity) that might cause some concern for the Steelers...

The 2 OG's could be the pick, but what if the Steelers target a 'higher value' position like OT instead of OG? What if the 3rd or 4th best OT is on the board- like DJ Fluker, for example?

And when the Steelers drafted Lawrence Timmons way back when, they got an active, athletic LB. Every other ILB the Steelers have looked at has fit that mold- Sylvester, Spence- faster, athletic types. Arthur Brown is that type of player. And he isn't a character risk.
    You say that the Steelers used a second rounder on an OLB and they will see what they got. You may be right, but wouldn't that also hold true for the Tackle position? We have two second rounders as our bookends with much to prove this season. Why would they draft a tackle to replace either?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You say that the Steelers used a second rounder on an OLB and they will see what they got. You may be right, but wouldn't that also hold true for the Tackle position? We have two second rounders as our bookends with much to prove this season. Why would they draft a tackle to replace either?
    Because they could then kick-slide Gilbert into OG..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Because they could then kick-slide Gilbert into OG..
    I honestly believe Foster to be an above average NFL guard. His play graded out very well last season. Not sure moving Gilbert in is anything more than a horizontal move. Also, why would Gilbert agree? Gilbert has arguably LT skills and will want a shot to make tackle money.
    Trolls are people too.