Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who the @#$% are we taking?

Legend

User Info Menu

who the @#$% are we taking?

seems in past drafts, you could narrow down the possible steeler picks to 3-4 guys based on needs, visits, rumors etc.
    at this point, i dont see where one position is a frontrunner.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think you could narrow it down to Jones, Vaccaro, Eifert, and Lacy and have a greater than 70 percent chance of getting it right.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think you could narrow it down to Jones, Vaccaro, Eifert, and Lacy and have a greater than 70 percent chance of getting it right.
    I would agree with this list.

toss cooper on there if he is still available.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jones, Cooper, or Patterson. Those are the big 3 unless Mingo or Womack fall.

Backup

User Info Menu

If the draft is deep at SS, I'd go OLB or TE in round 1 and pick up a SS in the middle rounds that can develop under the current players/system. Same could be said for receiver and corner.. Definitely need to take a top 5 caliber of running back in the 3rd round...not another Redmond, Dwyer type... Thinking we should get an ILB in the second round.

As far as the O line, we've already invested 2 1st rd picks and 2 second rd picks there in recent years. Time for those guys to "Man up" and get the job done.

I like the QB from NC State (Glennon) in the later rounds if he's still available. I saw on the NFL Network this morning that Phil Sims was calling him the 2nd best QB in this year's draft. He's got all the tangibles.. I figure a few years under Ben and he could be a worthy replacement.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You actually think they'd take Lacy in round 1? I think I'd be kinda ticked off if they took him at 17. I'm just not feelin' the love for a RB in round 1.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually, there are a couple of names you could add to the 'potential' list: Arthur Brown & DJ Fluker. Agree with the OP, this is a hard year to zero-in on the actual target.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Replace Vaccaro with Austin, and please replace Lacy with pretty much anyone else (not that Lacy can't play; just that we can get productive RBs anywhere down the line)... and I'd be thrilled if the FO has to make that choice.

Backup

User Info Menu

Please don't take Jones. A bust waiting to happen.

Backup

User Info Menu

I like Arthur Brown if he's around when the steelers pick.