Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: who the @#$% are we taking?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    You actually think they'd take Lacy in round 1? I think I'd be kinda ticked off if they took him at 17. I'm just not feelin' the love for a RB in round 1.
    He is a distinct possibility. He is one of two guys who will likely be available who could make a huge impact this season...Lacy and Eifert. I'm not saying he would be my pick, would rather have Bell later. But, getting the top back in this draft could be the difference between Super Bowl and toilet bowl.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

And for those opting to take a WR or a TE with the first pick, realize a rookie TE or WR will likely touch the ball less than 5 times a game. A rookie RB on this team could see 20 touches a game. Getting the best back in the draft might look really good to the Steelers who haven't had a running game in several years. Also, having a back other teams actually have to game plan around would only help Ben.

am I saying Lacy is that back? I don't know. But, the Steelers may see something in him that warrants pick 17.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And for those opting to take a WR or a TE with the first pick, realize a rookie TE or WR will likely touch the ball less than 5 times a game. A rookie RB on this team could see 20 touches a game. Getting the best back in the draft might look really good to the Steelers who haven't had a running game in several years. Also, having a back other teams actually have to game plan around would only help Ben.

am I saying Lacy is that back? I don't know. But, the Steelers may see something in him that warrants pick 17.

I kind of agree... I would love to see a RB who can have an impact in later rounds but we havent had success doing it that way lately...

Lacy at 17 may be a reach but if he comes in and has a solid season its a great pick. He has a hard time staying healthy so its a concern

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I kind of agree... I would love to see a RB who can have an impact in later rounds but we havent had success doing it that way lately...

Lacy at 17 may be a reach but if he comes in and has a solid season its a great pick. He has a hard time staying healthy so its a concern
    It may be, or it may not be. Hard to say how scouts will see Lacy. I like him...just not 17 like...but I'm not a NFL scout.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not a fan of selecting Cordarrelle Patterson. Would rather Keenan Allen or the Hopkins kid from Clemson.

What i would *like* to see happen? Honestly, unles someone falls, I'd like to see a trade down. The Falcons are looking to get in our neighborhood.

Per the charts, a fair trade would cost them their 1st, 2nd, 3rd for our 1st and 5th... I'm guessing that wouldn't be the actual trade.. more likely, I say a 1st, 2nd and a next year 2nd or 3rd for our pick.

This draft is deep with "solid" talent in the first 3 rounds and the team would be able to trade back a few spots, likely pick up one of the guys they considered with the 17 pick and acquire an additonal 2nd rounder. I wouldn't be upset if the pick was Allen, Hopkins, Arthur Brown, Eddie Lacy, or if Warmack/Cooper falls... Or a Safety... or NT... or... or...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope we stay FARRRRRRRRR away from Jones.
    Too much potential for the wrong reason.
    [URL]http://steelblitz.com/pittsburgh-steelers-potential-first-round-pick-jarvis-jones-may-see-draft-stock-fall-again/3056/[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not at all scared of Jones medically.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

Good point Shawn. Hopefully we can find that quality of back in the middle rounds so that we can address other needs.

Legend

User Info Menu

I doubt that any of the NFL teams take a RB in round 1 this year, so Lacy at #17 would be a big ol' reach.

And NFL teams aren't just going to take Dr. Bingham's word for it. You can be sure that our team neurosurgeon, Dr. Maroon gave Jones a thorough evaluation when he came to visit our south side HQ. If he is fine with what he sees, then Jones would be a legit possibility...if not, then he won't be a Steeler. It's that simple.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

If we want to improve the running game, take an OLineman or a TE rather than a RB. Unless that running back is Adrian Peterson.