Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: It's done.....Harrison is a Bengal

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    While I get your point I agree with Flippy and Ovi on this DESPITE being one of the most vocal JH backers here.
    Now that he is gone, "I hope" he is indeed washed up as a player, because it confirms the team's choice.

The better he plays the worse I will feel that the team let him go.

JH "says" he feels as good as he did since 2009. I hope this is not true.
    Two bad games versus us is just part of it for me.
    I will be sick if this guy makes the probowl as a Bengal, especially if our defense declines (as I expect it will).

I dont hate JH, or resent him, I just will feel better knowing the team made the right choices.

My POV here would be vindicated if he dominates as a Bengal, but I hope I am wrong.
    The "lemming, I mean letting go" was not a talent eval on the part of the organization, it was pure economics. The team made an offer that they felt they could make work economically and James rejected. He left the team, that has to worry about 53 salaries, no choice.

Don't hate Harrison but don't respect that he went to a Divsion foe. I won't root for him to be successful at anything as a football player going forward.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The "lemming, I mean letting go" was not a talent eval on the part of the organization, it was pure economics. The team made an offer that they felt they could make work economically and James rejected. He left the team, that has to worry about 53 salaries, no choice.

Don't hate Harrison but don't respect that he went to a Divsion foe. I won't root for him to be successful at anything as a football player going forward.
    I dont blame the team and understand the economics, I hope they are right.

Nevertheless:

If he is more valuable than say Ike.......it was a mistake.
    If he "plays" like he did in years past.....it was a mistake regardless the market......
    His play would make the market wrong, if teams all over this league "wished" they did not let Cincy get him on the cheap.

The market was wrong about JH in the past when we cut him and the Ravens cut him as a free agent.
    Given hindsite, there are 31 teams that wished they "valued" him back then.

I do not know how one can "judge" him for going to a rival.......we stated pupblically we did not want him at that point.

Nevertheless, I too hope he fails, not out of resentment for his choice, but because I hope the team made the right call.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-25-2013 at 04:41 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I would prefer he knock the snot out of the Ravens and Cleveland... while dropping 2 to us.
    That's my thinking as well. The market has proven that James was wrong to turn down the Steelers offer. It's now his chance to prove the Steelers wrong for messing with his contract as opposed to others (Ike, Troy, etc.). It wouldn't bother me even a little if he did just that as long as the Steelers are winning games.