Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's done.....Harrison is a Bengal

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Harrison is dead to me. Never existed as a Steeler as far as I'm concerned. Going to a Division rival is low.

Now let's hear how the poor guy deserves to make a living so his family doesn't starve and how much vitriol I have towards poor James.
    I thought they were all replaceable carbon units?

do you hope he gets injured too, like with wallace? I just don't get your personal animosity towards a guy who goes somewhere else to make a living. James Harrison is a big reason the steelers have that last trophy. To say he "never existed" seems excessive and childish.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hey, he needs a job and the bungles offered. no hate for deebo here. he was a great steeler. as for him having a great game against us - i suspect the steelers have a very good idea what his strengths and weaknesses are and MAY just gameplan to take advantage of it. then again, you never know.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    hey, he needs a job and the bungles offered. no hate for deebo here. he was a great steeler. as for him having a great game against us - i suspect the steelers have a very good idea what his strengths and weaknesses are and MAY just gameplan to take advantage of it. then again, you never know.
    I thought someone mentioned on here that no teams need to game plan for James any longer, because he's over the hill. I kind of hope he is since he isn't a Steeler, but I won't be surprised in the least if he has a good year with the Bengals. He's a workout warrior and 110% effort guy, so one thing is for sure if he's done it won't be from a lack of effort.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Harrison is dead to me. Never existed as a Steeler as far as I'm concerned. Going to a Division rival is low.

Now let's hear how the poor guy deserves to make a living so his family doesn't starve and how much vitriol I have towards poor James.
    Grow up. This is how the guy makes a living.

I'm not sure how you make a living, but are you suggesting that you would never work for a competitor if your current employer asked you to take a cut and then terminated you?

And we don't need to remind you again of the vitriol in your posts about James. Your diatribes are well known.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I thought they were all replaceable carbon units?

do you hope he gets injured too, like with wallace? I just don't get your personal animosity towards a guy who goes somewhere else to make a living. James Harrison is a big reason the steelers have that last trophy. To say he "never existed" seems excessive and childish.

+1....Broken record bordering on ridiculous...

Legend

User Info Menu

Holy mackerel Ovi, did Harrison kick your dog, steal your lunch money, or break off a long engagement with your sister? Geesh, what did Harrison do to you or your family? Man, that's harsh, when you have that kind of hatred for a person looking to make a living, albeit a good one.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

This is Crash worthy Hines hate...lol. Im sure he is proud...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Bengals won't use him properly for him to be quite the sack machine he could be. However, he'll be tough against the run which is important in the AFCN with Rice and Richardson. He also knows how to train and win. What he may bring to that locker room might be more dangerous than what he brings on the field.

Maybe now I'll be able to get a better deal on a Harrison Steelers jersey?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    The Bengals won't use him properly for him to be quite the sack machine he could be. However, he'll be tough against the run which is important in the AFCN with Rice and Richardson. He also knows how to train and win. What he may bring to that locker room might be more dangerous than what he brings on the field.

Maybe now I'll be able to get a better deal on a Harrison Steelers jersey?
    Heard some coach mention that it's hard for any guy no matter who he is and what his character may be to work himself into the chemistry of the locker room for 1-2 years. It just takes that long to earn the respect and a voice amongst your teammates. There's already team leaders and it takes work for a new guy to work his way in.

So in essence they were suggesting a young FA might work, but the older guys typically don't work out for a new team in the NFL.

Unless you're the Pats who can seem to work any malcontent into their way of doing things. The Bengals are a mess though from a leadership perspective.

I do think the one thing James will bring is more penalties for everyone in Cincy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wish JH all the best in his life off the field..i wish him best of his health rest of his life but i wish nothing but epic failure on field now that he is a Bunghole....

I hope he is humilated on national TV...I want to see JH getting trucked Trent Rickardson..what a sight that will be....

JH92 will have his best game against the Steelers because coach will tell our boys to go easy on him...Steelers Defense will beg coaches to make sure JH has a god game...Apart from Steelers game i think he will suck big time...

JH should have gone in NFC..i would have cheered for him..A strong season for JH is a bad news for Steelers since he is playing for divisional rival....so yeah i hope he fails...
    Last edited by grotonsteel; 04-20-2013 at 06:53 AM.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT