View Poll Results: Who should the Steelers take in round 2 of the board mock?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • WR Keenan Allen

4 12.90%
  • CB Johnthan Banks

0 0%
  • RB Giovani Bernard

0 0%
  • RB Jonathan Franklin

4 12.90%
  • CB D.J. Hayden

1 3.23%
  • NT Johnathan Hankins

4 12.90%
  • ILB Kevin Minter

9 29.03%
  • S Eric Reid

6 19.35%
  • ILB Manti Te'o

2 6.45%
  • OT Menelik Watson

1 3.23%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We are up to the Steelers pick in round 2 of our board mock. Who would you take here?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think in reality from your list most of them will be off the board at pick number 48. So I say...

Sio Moore LB
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I think in reality from your list most of them will be off the board at pick number 48. So I say...

Sio Moore LB
    In reality, most of them probably will be gone, but in our mock, they all happen to be here (and I don't think that we've had many picks that are completely out of left field...it's quite possible that the quite a few of those guys listed above could fall out of the top 47 next week). I know that I would love Allen at 48. I would love Minter at 48. I would love Te'o at 48. I would love Reid at 48. If all of those guys happened to be available, what would be your preference?

By the way, this is assuming that we took Jarvis Jones in round 1 in our board mock...so why would you take another OLB in round 2?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I went Minter. A tackling machine.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would go with one of the RBs, depending on whether I thought I could get Franklin in the 3rd. If I do, I will go someone else (e.g. Te'o). If I don't think Franklin would be available down there, then I take Giovanni Bernard, who may be a bit better than Franklin.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    In reality, most of them probably will be gone, but in our mock, they all happen to be here (and I don't think that we've had many picks that are completely out of left field...it's quite possible that the quite a few of those guys listed above could fall out of the top 47 next week). I know that I would love Allen at 48. I would love Minter at 48. I would love Te'o at 48. I would love Reid at 48. If all of those guys happened to be available, what would be your preference?

By the way, this is assuming that we took Jarvis Jones in round 1 in our board mock...so why would you take another OLB in round 2?
    With Fitz and a 1st Rder last year. I see no way the cards go for hunter in the 2nd

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Keenan Allen
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Keenan Allen
    Nice pick, Cowah!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    With Fitz and a 1st Rder last year. I see no way the cards go for hunter in the 2nd
    If I ran the Cards, I may have doubled down on o-linemen, since their o-line has been awful for a looong time, instead of going QB-WR. I would have taken Lane Johnson in the first and then maybe Larry Worford in the second. Or they could have done the opposite and taken Chance Warmack in the first and Menelik Watson in the second. They also could have considered a pass rusher like Ansah or Mingo in round 1 (or an Okafor/Montgomery type in round 2).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

I picked Reid I think its time to start grooming a young safety.