View Poll Results: Who should the Steelers take in round 2 of the board mock?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • WR Keenan Allen

4 12.90%
  • CB Johnthan Banks

0 0%
  • RB Giovani Bernard

0 0%
  • RB Jonathan Franklin

4 12.90%
  • CB D.J. Hayden

1 3.23%
  • NT Johnathan Hankins

4 12.90%
  • ILB Kevin Minter

9 29.03%
  • S Eric Reid

6 19.35%
  • ILB Manti Te'o

2 6.45%
  • OT Menelik Watson

1 3.23%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We are up to the Steelers pick in round 2 of our board mock. Who would you take here?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I picked Minter, but I'd go 50/50 on him or Allen.

I kinda like Bernard. He's a big little dude that jittery quick.

I also like Banks, but think it would take time for him to contribute in our D. He's gotta add some size, he's lanky. But if he did, he's got some nice frame and athleticism. I think Carnell might be able to do wonders with this kid and he'd have a year to learn behind Ike. And like Amerson who I also really like, I think you might be able to use Banks at S as well because he can play the ball.
    Flippy, you been reading my notes again... quit peeking over my shoulder!

Scary thing is i'm convinced the team would take Hankins if this was what was available.. that's the trouble with mocks... there's a "what would you take" vs "what do you think THEY will take" debate to be had...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Rookie

User Info Menu

dont be surprised if its the Hayden kid,u dont know about him,but the scouts do!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

How is one of the most talented NTs in the last several drafts still on the board in the second? This would be a no brainier...Hankins.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Flippy, you been reading my notes again... quit peeking over my shoulder!

Scary thing is i'm convinced the team would take Hankins if this was what was available.. that's the trouble with mocks... there's a "what would you take" vs "what do you think THEY will take" debate to be had...
    The Steelers probably have a 1st round grade on Hankins and might even surprise us all and consider him at 17.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers don't have a reliable running game, they'll be getting their RB early in this draft.

Franklin.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BPA- Teo. Take the card up immediately and don't look back..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    LBs do... Woodley and Timmons both played significant time as rooks... so much so that Foote left and went to Detroit....
    Iirc. Timmons started in his 3rd year. Didnt do much as a rook, mostly just special teams. Played some more in his 2nd year. Started in his 3rd. For being the 15th pick in the draft, that's not really impressive IMO

woodley was the one who played his rookie year (late). Had 2 sacks in playoff game vs jags. Then started in his 2nd year

ps. For all the crap foote gets on here. He was a starter at ILB in the 2 years we won our last titles.

Starter

User Info Menu

Considering both of our safetys are 32 and 34 years old, and Reid is a top tier prospect at his position, I felt this would be huge win for the steelers.

It probably won't happen just because I think he will be gone already, but this is who I would pick if he were available. (Although Hankins is a tough one to pass up.)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I voted for Hankins. But, really, there are a lot of nice options on this list if they were all available. Allen, Banks, Franklin, Minter and Te'o all would contribute immediately, if selected, and have a lot of value in that draft slot.

Picking Hankins, however, brings up an interesting situation: what do you do with Ziggy Hood, especially now since Stevie Mac has re-upped? If you select Hankins, do you try and get as high a draft pick as you can to ship Hood off to another team? Remember, Hood is in the final year of his contract so that will also be a factor.

Really, the Steelers should be looking at all their options to amass picks later in the draft. Realistically, I don't see them getting much higher than a 5th for Ziggy, though I'd be pleasantly surprised if they could get higher. But considering who we have on the DLine already, wouldn't it be proactive to get something for Hood and put another pick in our pocket to use for DLine depth on the third day?
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

A lot of great options here. I went with Franklin, hoping to add a playmaker to the running game. But I'd be fine with Minter, Allen, maybe Hankins - plenty of interesting options here.