Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw coming back in

Backup

User Info Menu

Bradshaw coming back in

Mannys $ going to Bradshaw?

@NFL_ATL: Ahmad Bradshaw to have second meeting with Steelers, according to @RapSheet. [url]http://t.co/bBNz9Cir9L[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Its obviously going to be before the draft...but when?
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

This is actually a very typical Steeler type move- trying to remove the need to 'reach' for any position during the draft process.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

For what its worth, Bouchette says that the Steelers should let Manny walk, and I agree. Why tie-up 2.5mil for a one year guy??? It would be stupid to throw away that kind of coin, and pass on a huge 3rd round pick in this particular draft, where there are STARTERS at every position. Manny is Manny, and that's it...he's not going to get much better than he is right now.

I don't know how the 2013 season will unfold...but to let an additional 3rd rnd pick go is freaking stupid. Lets get some rookies in here, and put them to the test!!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    For what its worth, Bouchette says that the Steelers should let Manny walk, and I agree. Why tie-up 2.5mil for a one year guy??? It would be stupid to throw away that kind of coin, and pass on a huge 3rd round pick in this particular draft, where there are STARTERS at every position. Manny is Manny, and that's it...he's not going to get much better than he is right now.

I don't know how the 2013 season will unfold...but to let an additional 3rd rnd pick go is freaking stupid. Lets get some rookies in here, and put them to the test!!!

JD
    I could agree with this philosophy a lot easier if the Steelers were letting veterans walk, the problem I see is that the Steelers are letting young players walk for younger players. The only veteran that has been released to this point of any consequence is James Harrison. Starks could be added to the list, but he was on a one year contract (I think).

We're still holding on to Taylor, Clark, Polamalu and Keisel and their contracts. The Steelers are rebuilding an aging team by letting young players go and replacing them with young players. The overall age of the team hasn't decreased at all since the end of the season or not in any significant manner. I'm sure Hampton and Harrison will reduce the overall age a fraction, but not the kind of decrease you would expect in a rebuilding year.

It's going to suck, to suck and still have an old team.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    This is actually a very typical Steeler type move- trying to remove the need to 'reach' for any position during the draft process.
    Exactly. If he is healthy, I expect the Steelers to come to terms with Bradshaw, which would give them a credible starter at pretty much every position except maybe WR.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I dont like the idea of letting Sanders walk because he is a known commodity and 2.5mil is not a lot of money for a #3 receiver...even though he will be a #2 this year. I am very lukewarm about Bradshaw due to his injury history. That said, I do like the idea of having 2 3rd round picks and even the possibility of trading down so we have 2 2nd round picks as well. That is provided that a player doesn't fall in their laps at #17. It sure seemed like we had a great draft last year and look what happened. But this team needs some rebuilding, and it is going to have to come through the draft. 4 of the top 79 picks isnt a bad start.

Legend

User Info Menu

For all you guys that love getting an extra 3rd round pick.....Trai Essex.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There's a difference this year, Flippy..the gems are mostly in the mid rounds.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

I have to definitely agree with this statement.
    $2.5 million to rent him and what happens next year?
    Some of you guys are acting like he's some kind of upcoming stud receiver.
    Decent IMO, but very replaceable.
    For those that think the sky is falling, what kind of contract would you sign him to?
    If we get Tavon Austin will you put away the tissues?

Also, no rush on signing Bradshaw.
    Lets see what the draft brings us, no other team is beating down his door.